Silkk - The Shocker (1996)

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
yeah it was silks best album. also further proof that their bay sounding albums were the best releases of the label. you can't beat the shocker, ice cream man, or true when it comes to those vs the more southern sounding production. they did mix it perfectly on the true 2 da game album tho.
wait a sec...

Tru 2 da Game and Ghetto D are the best no limit releases. Would you say they are bay sounding outside a couple tracks?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Silkk is a strange case. I loved this album, his work on ice cream man & his work true & tru to da game, but eventually over time he became one of the worst rappers of all time. As he gained more success he became more garbage.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Silkk is a strange case. I loved this album, his work on ice cream man & his work true & tru to da game, but eventually over time he became one of the worst rappers of all time. As he gained more success he became more garbage.
Its called strategy :rudy:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wait a sec...

Tru 2 da Game and Ghetto D are the best no limit releases. Would you say they are bay sounding outside a couple tracks?

That's subjective, but I do believe those 2 albums are on the same tier as true & ice cream man. Its really "whatever your prefer" as I enjoy them all equally.

I agree with the poster though

I believe on those 2 albums that nolimit found a perfect formula that appealed to both westcoast & southern fans, but in general, they put out higher quality material when their headquarters were in the bay. The Shocker, Ice cream man, true, good girl gone bad, etc. The Miller Brothers were much better. As soon as they moved back down south, Sillk started to sound like a knock off Mystikal. P & C started to sound like 2pac wannabe's.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas

i'd say that he became more of a "rapper" circa '99.

hes was moreso spittin, with punchlines and stuff. one of the 1st down south dudes on that tip. and he never gets credit.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:ohlawd:
yeah many may hate on my nig Silkk, but his debut album was an incredible banger

BBTP beats were hard as fukk, Silkk rapped his ass off, you can hear his hunger

Free Loaders, The Shocker, I Aint Takin No Shorts, I Represent, My Car, If My 9 Could Talk, Mr...............WOW!:wow:
How we mobb, Its time to ride, Ghetto 211 :damn: