Showtime has an awful habit of running a show way too long - Weeds, Dexter, Californication

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
those 3 shows end much earlier than they did... we got a different story as far as top 10 or even GOAT. Dexter would have easily been top 3 maybe even GOAT had it ended after season 4... you know the one... with the bathtub ending.

Californication became so repetitive after season 4... that would be up there too... and Weeds... not the greatest show but def jumped the shark after season 2 or 3.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I don't think it's running shows too long, but I do think there's something going up there at their offices with giving notes and meddling with the creatives, because their shows decline so greatly and so uniformly across the board that it can't be a coincidence.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thread is 100% facts. But it's not just that the shows run too long, Showtime also meddles with the writing. They flat out told the writers of "Dexter" that they couldn't kill him. I think they did the same thing for "Homeland".

Fred.

Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
Thread is 100% facts. But it's not just that the shows run too long, Showtime also meddles with the writing. They flat out told the writers of "Dexter" that they couldn't kill him. I think they did the same thing for "Homeland".

Fred.
They killed curry Carrie last season :sadcam:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
I don't think it's running shows too long, but I do think there's something going up there at their offices with giving notes and meddling with the creatives, because their shows decline so greatly and so uniformly across the board that it can't be a coincidence.

The network just runs it into the ground and tries to milk new seasons to generate more money.