Shoulder Pain reducing my liftitng potential

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
So since I was a junior in highschool (sophomore in college now) I've been having pains and problems in my left shoulder. My right one is good and it only gets sore after an intense shoulder day (normal shyt), but the left one limits my movements on lifts. Had to ditch incline press cause shyt would hurt like hell and I couldn't lift what I wanted, on thursday I tried to get back into dumbell pullovers and dat shyt flared up and I had to quit. I need help how can I heal my left shoulder and stop it from limiting my workouts :mjcry:

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
So since I was a junior in highschool (sophomore in college now) I've been having pains and problems in my left shoulder. My right one is good and it only gets sore after an intense shoulder day (normal shyt), but the left one limits my movements on lifts. Had to ditch incline press cause shyt would hurt like hell and I couldn't lift what I wanted, on thursday I tried to get back into dumbell pullovers and dat shyt flared up and I had to quit. I need help how can I heal my left shoulder and stop it from limiting my workouts :mjcry:
I use the rice method when i hurt my should i took 2 weeks off and anytime i did a shoulder exercise i would warm up doing some of these

EDIT: then just work your way back up to the weight your comfortable with

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Go to the doctor. Get an x-ray or MRI. for real. I had pain like that. Had stopped all shoulder work. shyt was hurting doing regular everyday stuff. After the MRI doc said I had worn all the cartilage down and the bones were rubbing together. Needed surgery. Now I'm OK with that shoulder but the other one is hurting. Not looking forward to going for a check up.

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
90% of the time its the 90 degree problem.....OP Do you flare your arms at 90 degrees when conducting pressing movements? If so then you might as well insure your rotator cuffs as they will be :rip: status soon!

The key is to do ALL pressing (shoulder/bench) whilst holding your arms at 45 degrees as opposed to 90! After every press day (be it bench or shoulder day) try and chuck in some light rehab rotator cuff work for e.g this is what I do after a heavy set over head press day;

Rotator Cuff Work (all with lightweight at 3 sets X 10 reps):

• Cable Internal Rotation work
  • External Rotation work
  • Door Stretches
  • 90 degrees DB external rotation
^^^ All with relatively light weights breh I'm talking baby dumb bells & max 9KG (20Lbs) on the cable machines.

If in doubt Google the exercises they pretty straightforward and really help with some serious rehab on the shoulders

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Go to the doctor. Get an x-ray or MRI. for real. I had pain like that. Had stopped all shoulder work. shyt was hurting doing regular everyday stuff. After the MRI doc said I had worn all the cartilage down and the bones were rubbing together. Needed surgery. Now I'm OK with that shoulder but the other one is hurting. Not looking forward to going for a check up.
My cartilege is gone in my bad shoulder. I've had two surgeries.
No more heavy lifting involving shoulder movement. That include pushing movements (military press, bench press) and pulling movements (pull-ups, cable-rows) or anything where the arm is moving in the shoulder socket and involves heavy weight. :snoop:
I've started going heavy on just bicep (dumbbell curls) and tricep (v-bar press down), but I find that those hurt afterwards. I tried to limit my shoulder movement as much as possible.

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
My cartilege is gone in my bad shoulder. I've had two surgeries.
No more heavy lifting involving shoulder movement. That include pushing movements (military press, bench press) and pulling movements (pull-ups, cable-rows) or anything where the arm is moving in the shoulder socket and involves heavy weight. :snoop:
I've started going heavy on just bicep (dumbbell curls) and tricep (v-bar press down), but I find that those hurt afterwards. I tried to limit my shoulder movement as much as possible.

Yo I feel for you. For real. I got "minimal scoliosis" in my back so I had to cut deads and squats out a few years back. Bench and military are all I have left. I'm being ignorant as fukk still lifting with this shoulder but wtf man.

I try to tell cats now don't be like me and take care of yourself. I'm 31 and way more broken down than I should be

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
for me it's the right shoulder
qrwu2Qr.png

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Take care of yourself fukkers. I had injuries in both my knees that my doctors were bullshytting on. Come to find out, I got some fukked up shyt. Don't sacrifice your future to look buff for a couple extra months. Get it checked out.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I stopped flat benching because of this. I rather not tear my shoulder now I just dumb bell press if I need to flat

ThugLife

Diehard Jimmy Buckets fan
Daps
Reppin
I bought a Carbon 15 when I was 18
retract the scapula retract the scapula retract the scapula

RETRACT THE SCAPULA :damn:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
So you have shoulder pain yet you still run a bro split with a dedicated shoulder day? You are probably working your shoulder girdle with high volume 3-4 times per week and never recovering.

Switch to an Upper/Lower 2x split and give yourself a break.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
retract the scapula retract the scapula retract the scapula

RETRACT THE SCAPULA :damn:

subscribed to this dude and he discusses

the 90 degree problem too, it feels weird to adjust my arms to a position dat ain't 90*
So you have shoulder pain yet you still run a bro split with a dedicated shoulder day? You are probably working your shoulder girdle with high volume 3-4 times per week and never recovering.

Switch to an Upper/Lower 2x split and give yourself a break.
:mjcry: dnt judge me breh i'm only 19

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
So since I was a junior in highschool (sophomore in college now) I've been having pains and problems in my left shoulder. My right one is good and it only gets sore after an intense shoulder day (normal shyt), but the left one limits my movements on lifts. Had to ditch incline press cause shyt would hurt like hell and I couldn't lift what I wanted, on thursday I tried to get back into dumbell pullovers and dat shyt flared up and I had to quit. I need help how can I heal my left shoulder and stop it from limiting my workouts
Did you ever injure your left shoulder in the past? Sports injury, car accident, goofing off/not-paying-attention accident? Something where you heard a pop or snap or something where your shoulder was incapacitated for a couple of days?
If you go to a regular doctor, he might give you a cortisone injection just to bring the inflammation down, but that doesn't get to the root cause. You need to go to an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in shoulder repair. Physical therapy might help you strengthen your shoulder, but if there's a ligament tear, that problem is going to constantly prop up again and again until it is fixed. Putting off surgery may actually make your shoulder worse in the long run.