Should I sue? Check this...

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
See a lawyer doesnt hurt especially if you have a dated business plan could be useful , is there any way you can prove you and him knew each other before hand?

Either than or you should just strong arm dude

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
skeetsinternal said:
Speaking to a connect down in Atl about 2 years ago about a business venture using a specific soon-to-be trademarked name

Unfortunately, if you snooze you lose here, man.

He beat you to the trademark...you really have no legal remedy. I mean, if you had a "Poor Man's Copyright/Trademark" you might (but more likely, not) be able to get before a judge....but even then, he's gonna tell you that there's no provision in US copyright law which provides protection to those with Poor Man's Trademarks/Copyrights. The law is almost always going to recognize trademarks/copyrights which were registered with the Copyright Office.

So yeah....any lawsuit you file would be :flabbynsick:

Let this be a lesson to you and ere'body else, though:

1) Don't ever share a good business idea with someone prematurely, and

2) Always make sure all your "gentlemen's agreements" are on PAPER....that handshake shyt is for the birds, get all arrangements in contract form so there's never any confusion.

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Either than or you should just strong arm dude

You're better off doing this, honestly. It would be LESS of a waste of your time, at least.

I'm here to tell you...you CAN go see a lawyer if you can get a free consultation....you may even get one who works on contingency. But he's probably going to tell you the same thing. And ultimately, you gon' end up payin' more than you'll ever get back.

You should just take the L and keep it movin'....IF, yunno, you ain't gon' strong arm dude... :leostare:

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wait, this isnt making sense.

there is no invention here. baby wipes? what? what about paper toweLs? people already use all this clean up after sex.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

there is no invention here. baby wipes? what? what about paper toweLs? people already use all this clean up after sex.

its wipes targeted at whores, think of it like industrial strength wipes

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its wipes targeted at whores, think of it like industrial strength wipes

why whores? what does it do that baby wipes already dont do?

or what does it do better than the other products?

if these two questions can be answered clearly (which i doubt), then maybe it'll make sense.

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
why whores? what does it do that baby wipes already dont do?

or what does it do better than the other products?

if these two questions can be answered clearly (which i doubt), then maybe it'll make sense.

No. The idea was to take an existing item and market it to a specific target audience and branch out from there.

It doesnt do anything better per se. He is just going to target adult entertainment/strippers with Nonoxynol-9 infused wipes

the patent link didnt work so i dunno exactly what they trying to patent but am assuming its not the wipes themselves but the idea of targeting the adult entertainment sector

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes

Its gimmick marketing of a known item. The trademark was to support the item that was potentially to be marketed to a target group first