Should I go to therapy

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I studied psychology in school, and I still think therapy is mostly bullshyt. I know that others say it has helped them, but I’ve been to a bunch of therapists and not 1 has helped me. :yeshrug:

Now, psychiatrists have helped me. I needed to be put on medicines and they really have helped. I didn’t need “talk therapy,” I needed a MD to treat my illness. :manny:
This 100%

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you think you need therapy? Do you think you have a problem?
Therapy only works if you're willing to be honest about your problems. If you don't see a problem, it would be a waste of time to go.
:dwillhuh: Therapy ain’t got nothing to do with this

@You know damn well need to see a medical doctor . Especially since you don’t recall none of this. You gone mess around and hurt somebody one day , not even remember & get locked up .

kdub83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bloom
If you’re asking, the answer is likely yes. I did it and it was one of the best decisions I’ve made. Heck I may go back at some point.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Nah she told me it's not the 1st time. She said it's been times where I've had nightmares and got out of bed fighting. I honestly don't remember none of that shyt

My Grandpop did this sometimes.

He didn’t get therapy. He just lived his life. He was fine.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Do the anti depressants give you any negative side effects?
Yes, I have no sex drive and occasionally I feel cloudy headed. It’s better than being super anxious and suicidal though. The way I was living before the meds was no way to live. I think back to those times, and I can’t believe how bad it was.

Interesting, can you go more in-depth? I once seen a CBT and stopped going after the first visit bc it was a lot of common sense shyt I already knew myself.

The genius literally recommended I go horseback riding to clear my mind :francis:
CBT apparently works for some people. Not me, but others have mentioned that it helped.

See, my problems with anxiety and major depression (and occasionally manic episodes) were related to chemical imbalances. No amount of behavior therapy or talk therapy could fix the chemical imbalance in my brain. The only thing that could fix it was medicine.

I may be an extreme example (I’m bipolar), but some things need to be managed with medicine.

If you have say strep throat, you can’t use CBT or talking to cure you. You need medicine. That’s the cure. My mental illness is like that.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Prolly should maybe talk with your primary care physician. Then maybe a sleep medicine Dr.

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
I would recommend going to an actual psychologist and psychiatrist. Preferably one in the same office so they can communicate with each other.

Do your research before taking any medication but don't feel bad if it's recommended.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
OP still having nightmares of jail

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif