Should I fire her or nah?

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Thanks SO much you guys! I guess, I just HATE firing people. I try to think of it from their perspectives. I know she's 58 years old, she's struggling. I guess I feel bad just dropping her, but I suppose sometimes you have to put your big girl pants on and do what you have to do.

If she is struggling so bad she should be trying do her job. I could understand if her daughter was alone but she has the dad.

ellessij

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If she is struggling so bad she should be trying do her job. I could understand if her daughter was alone but she has the dad.

Exactly. It's reflecting poorly on me, and my boss doesn't care what the reason is. I have to take off, and that makes me look unreliable. She didn't come yesterday and turned her phone off today. At this point, I don't think I can even talk to her. It's just done. Ugh, time to start the process again. :snoop:

Daps
Exactly. It's reflecting poorly on me, and my boss doesn't care what the reason is. I have to take off, and that makes me look unreliable. She didn't come yesterday and turned her phone off today. At this point, I don't think I can even talk to her. It's just done. Ugh, time to start the process again. :snoop:
It's just business-Her actions show that the job is not a priority for her. I would move forward accordingly. You have to worry about yourself and your household. I would not let anyone on my payroll make me look bad at work.

ellessij

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It's just business-Her actions show that the job is not a priority for her. I would move forward accordingly. You have to worry about yourself and your household. I would not let anyone on my payroll make me look bad at work.

Thanks so much! I was honestly more nervous about finding someone, but I called my friend and her daughter is tired of working in her Bakery and wants a new job, so she jumped at it. She's young and more active, she's excited to start. It worked out.

The only thing is I haven't called or contacted my old sitter. Should I just let her contact me and let her down? I've already called like 5 times between yesterday and today. I feel like that's enough. Right?

Daps
Thanks so much! I was honestly more nervous about finding someone, but I called my friend and her daughter is tired of working in her Bakery and wants a new job, so she jumped at it. She's young and more active, she's excited to start. It worked out.

The only thing is I haven't called or contacted my old sitter. Should I just let her contact me and let her down? I've already called like 5 times between yesterday and today. I feel like that's enough. Right?
WTH? she isn't even trying

"*babysitter*, i've been trying to call you to talk to you about our agreed schedule but cannot get a hold of you. Now i am forced to move forward with another sitter since i cannot miss anymore days at work...." put some compliments in the message (i enjoyed working with you?), tell her how to get her last check and keep it moving.

ellessij

All Star
Supporter
Daps
WTH? she isn't even trying

"*babysitter*, i've been trying to call you to talk to you about our agreed schedule but cannot get a hold of you. Now i am forced to move forward with another sitter since i cannot miss anymore days at work...." put some compliments in the message (i enjoyed working with you?), tell her how to get her last check and keep it moving.

I texted her this morning, and no reply. Whatever, when she contacts me, she can come pick up her check. :hubie:

Thanks for the advice hun. :hug: