Should Bioware Make Mass Effect 4 Open World again?

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
DA:I overdone fetchquests killed the game for me. Couldnt even 100% the game.
I don't even really remember fetch quests. I do remember epic dragon fights and enjoying combat a lot. That's what I took away from that game. If I could get that same level of enjoyment from the next ME game, I'm good.

Chef

All Star
Daps
There’s an argument for and against an open world. I’m cool with the concept just not execution in Andromeda. I’m just not sure if BioWare is up to snuff anymore but if they show off something tangible in the future, I’ll be more accepting.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
After playing MEA... They should just do the hub worlds of Mass Effect 2 on crack... Lego Skywalker Saga used that hub world design to facilitate having 20+ planets and not be barren wastelands. It was all dense and pure Star Wars homage.

Nobody needs to go around a whole ass planet to find fun... Just make hubs.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
After playing MEA... They should just do the hub worlds of Mass Effect 2 on crack... Lego Skywalker Saga used that hub world design to facilitate having 20+ planets and not be barren wastelands. It was all dense and pure Star Wars homage.

Nobody needs to go around a whole ass planet to find fun... Just make hubs.
the planets in andromeda weren't even bad by themselves. hell, they were actually laid out great and had considerate barriers where they were supposed to be, small conflicts and larger encounters that scaled vertically, etc

the problem was that every single thing on those planets was straight up lame as fukk, a collectathon, or stretched out for the sake of padding content.

my friend brought up how so many of these open worlds and destinations are massive - but dragon's dogma's whole playspace did way more with a fraction of the space. ME1 at least made the vastness fit the theme of exploring fringe planets. in ME:A, you can't even tell if a planet is occupied, visited in the past, or anything until a settlement slaps you in the face

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I know I talk about ME alot but it's my favorite game so idgaf.

I've been reading the ME books and they are amazing. I'm on the 3rd book of the series Mass Effect Retribution and I'm loving how vividly they describe the world of ME.

I couldn't help but imagine an open world game taking place on a beautifully rendered citadel as the main hub of your missions or being able to walk through the cities of Illium, Omega or the honeworlds of the Asari, Turians and Salarians. Imagine how beautiful and detailed it could be with current technology. There are so many directions they can go with the game. You could literally let your imaginations run wild crafting worlds.

Are we over open world games after Andromeda? The possibilities are endless

Bioware needs to restart the Han Solo-like spinoff they were planning.

The game was supposed to take place between ME1 and ME2 but was scrapped when Bioware was purchased by EA.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Bioware needs to restart the Han Solo-like spinoff they were planning.

The game was supposed to take place between ME1 and ME2 but was scrapped when Bioware was purchased by EA.

depends on the timing, but after dragon age 2 was forced to be called dragon age 2 instead of getting the freedom of a spinoff.... i understand