Should Bioware Make Mass Effect 4 Open World again?

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I know I talk about ME alot but it's my favorite game so idgaf.

I've been reading the ME books and they are amazing. I'm on the 3rd book of the series Mass Effect Retribution and I'm loving how vividly they describe the world of ME.

I couldn't help but imagine an open world game taking place on a beautifully rendered citadel as the main hub of your missions or being able to walk through the cities of Illium, Omega or the honeworlds of the Asari, Turians and Salarians. Imagine how beautiful and detailed it could be with current technology. There are so many directions they can go with the game. You could literally let your imaginations run wild crafting worlds.

Are we over open world games after Andromeda? The possibilities are endless

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If they do open world again, it's gotta be way more tightly focused than Andromeda and Dragon Age Inquisition were.

I'm playing Inquisition now, and there are some locations that almost have too much going on (looking directly at the Hinterlands), and places that feel like they existed solely to make use of some concept art they thought was cool. Andnthere are countless locations that are needlessly spread out, or have you bouncing from all around the map. Andromeda didn't solve a single one of those problems, and even doubled down on them.

If they go open world and are actually being Shepard and that crew back as protagonists, I'd love to see them using laying low and letting most of the galaxy think they're dead or missing be an excuse for their to be be a smaller set of locations that are better utilized and designed.

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps

I've been reading the ME books and they are amazing. I'm on the 3rd book of the series Mass Effect Retribution and I'm loving how vividly they describe the world of ME.

I couldn't help but imagine an open world game taking place on a beautifully rendered citadel as the main hub of your missions or being able to walk through the cities of Illium, Omega or the honeworlds of the Asari, Turians and Salarians. Imagine how beautiful and detailed it could be with current technology. There are so many directions they can go with the game. You could literally let your imaginations run wild crafting worlds.

4 should play like 2.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Andromeda's open world design was okay imo

It honestly wasn't even bad - the game having very few enemies that were engaging to fight was a far bigger problem.

DA:I's biggest issue was that its open world wasn't structured in a way that matched progression. By mid or near end-game it was on point for the type of game it was.

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Andromeda's open world design was okay imo

It honestly wasn't even bad - the game having very few enemies that were engaging to fight was a far bigger problem.

DA:I's biggest issue was that its open world wasn't structured in a way that matched progression. By mid or near end-game it was on point for the type of game it was.

They shoulda just kept the methods of DA2 and just tuned it up.

Im working on a Rpg now as a side project

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Mass Effect should go the Quantic Dream route. Combat for the games ain't all that anyway, I play for the narratives.

DynamikD

Rookie
Daps

They need to throw Andromeda away and build off of ME3. The character glitches on Andromeda we horrendous.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I loved DA Inquisition and still think it's the best DA game. Hated ME: Andromeda. I don't care what they do as long as they get it right. I thought DAI was done right so I'll take more of that.

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
I loved DA Inquisition and still think it's the best DA game. Hated ME: Andromeda. I don't care what they do as long as they get it right. I thought DAI was done right so I'll take more of that.
DA:I overdone fetchquests killed the game for me. Couldnt even 100% the game.