Should an adult child tell their parent they're wrong?

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
No one is perfect ....

Everyone can get corrected and everyone should be corrected respectfully

... except blatant idiots with no chill ... i.e. foolish people - they should be corrected harshly.

There is nothing wrong with correcting your parents when you have sensible parents

.... but some parents (like some people in general) are emotionally immature and childish and can't handle correction.

If that is the case leave them alone and let them learn the hard way ...

Daps
If they raised you they sorta can say or do whatever they want and you should respect that especially if you're living with them.

You can respectfully disagree without crossing a certain line depending on the situation.

The example given in the OP to me seems like "putting mom in her place" ..I'm not familiar with doing that.

I guess you have your reasons though. :manny:

She has hers too. :francis:
You're wrong.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Disrespect aside when you grown it shouldn't be no question to raise a question, express an opinion etc etc And just 'cause you live together doesn't mean control over you like a dog on a leash..Some parents can't deal with they kids speakin their minds, asking questions if something doesn't make sense, or even saying every now and then "That ain't right/You're wrong" ..Hopefully the family bond is strong enough to get thru all that shyt to respect both sides and keep pushin on

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The answer is yes.... :dahell: since when do your parents have all the answers?!!? Even tho they come to YOU to fix all their bullshyt... I've lost track with how many times my moms came to me asking me to fixing something small on her smart phone or how to compose an email.... :mjlol:

I fukking died when she asked me that shyt... :heh: I'm like we had AOL back in the day wasnt you paying attention when we set it up???

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The way my mother used to be doesn't mean I automatically knew what you meant. I know some women who aren't like that. Again I get it now but I wasn't thinking along those lines

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
What!? Nah...when you grown, you can say whatever the hell you want...

I advise a child to pent that shyt up until they move out or you are GUARANTEED problems!

:russ: