Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
I wanted to see what kind of freaky shyt Kiku was about to get into
She was gonna pull out an octopus

1280px-The_Dream_of_the_Fisherman%27s_Wife%2C_British_Museum%2C_version_1_%28cropped%29.jpg

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Lady Iyo: My lord I'm looking to start a hoe union, would appreciate it if you showed up to the picket line.

Toranaga: bytch my life is on the line, this is no time for collective bargaining :damn:

That wasn't the point. The point was that she KNOWS he's got some other path he could take. Even if he doesn't see it yet. She believe it so much that she'd rather talk about what's coming after over the immediate issues now.

And given how the episode ends, Toranaga's going to appeal to his bro like "look at this man...they making us kill ourselves. My son had to go out like a lil bytch...your nephew went out like a bytch....".

EDIT: Also that district she's talking about probably becomes Kabuki-cho in modern day Tokyo.

Oh and btw. Between Mariko and Ochiba..........I pick Kiku :mjlit: Even lil Fuji be having her moments. She be so clueless it's cute.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Watching the 4th episode right now. Which chick did John Smith smash on the living room floor, his consort or the interpreter chick?

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Interesting how people complained about Blackthorne being a savior but as he became more peripheral these last two episodes people are now complaining that the show is too slow and boring :sas2:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
You broke your back with this reach :dead:
Not really that big of a reach. Anjin spent last two episodes sipping tea in a whorehouse and constantly begging for his ship.

Meanwhile the whole power dynamic changed with the introduction of two new characters. Ochiba took shyt over in Osaka with Ishido seemingly running her errands now and we also got to see her back story. This episode they showed us Toranaga's back story and two great, tense scenes with his brother.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting how people complained about Blackthorne being a savior but as he became more peripheral these last two episodes people are now complaining that the show is too slow and boring :sas2:

Don't mind them.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Also, Blackthorne gets away with murder when it comes to violating Japanese norms. That outburst when Toranaga surrendered had me ready to order that barbarian to commit seppeku.
Yeah Tobias Hardy oversteps his bounds multiple times every episode. Like how do you not realize that your life in the hands of everyone you condescend to.