SHENMUE

Daps
I havent really been up on games lately so i dont know whats out, but are there any games out that resemble shenmue?? the whole story line, the open world, having to get a job, pretty much the whole experience that shenmue offered. ps4 btw

Daps
Reppin
Twin Cities
yakuza and sleeping dogs? it's not exactly like it, because they have a lot more action and the pacing, but the whole asian setting makes it close - however, the level of close personal relationships between the characters is not there.

shenmue has this sort of melancholy and ominous vibe, because of the rain, the voice actors, the music, open yet constricted feel...

heavy rain sort of gave me the same feeling too - to me it "resembles the essence," but doesn't duplicate it (obviously not set in asia).

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
I'm still sick that the story never got finished :beli:

But yeah Sleeping Dogs sorta had the same feel

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
People say yakuza. But I couldn't even play through that. It got sent to the bushes within 10 minutes of playing

Agreed. Mechanics and visuals were terrible.

I believe no game has come close. Shenm ue was ahead of its time

Eza

King Shiit
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Man I was so geeked to play that Yakuza shyt cause I kept hearing about how similiar it was to Shenmue but like dude said, that shyt got the gas face quick.

Best thing about that fukking series was shooting pool. I used to pop that shyt in just to hit the bar to play billiards and hear this song.:dj2: