Daps
images

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
You didn’t find Vanilla Sky depressing?

Was caught up in the romance for a little bit and then felt drained by the end. That scene at the nightclub….man.

It’s slept on for sure though. Penélope Cruz is so beautiful. She drove Cruise’s character and myself into insanity. I felt for him. Everytime Cameron Diaz showed up. :damn::damn:

I had to watch Almost Famous from the same director as a pick-me-upper. Vanilla Sky is a mind-fukk of a film, but that second half tugged on the heart strings. Didn’t help that I was crushing on a Sophia in the real world.

I don't find Vanilla Sky depressing, it has some themes of loss, regret, pain, but Crowe's direction is so upbeat and typical Crowe, it's hard to be depressed. It's also very stylized with wardrobes, and beautiful people, mostly, and of course, the sky itself. I saw that when I was like 15 or 16 in theaters, and it was just such an experience, I walked out of that theater with two friends, felt like our world was upside down. Like that's the theater experience. That's what we are looking for, every time go to to the movies.

YOUR BODY MADE A PROMSE!!

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I don't find Vanilla Sky depressing, it has some themes of loss, regret, pain, but Crowe's direction is so upbeat and typical Crowe, it's hard to be depressed. It's also very stylized with wardrobes, and beautiful people, mostly, and of course, the sky itself. I saw that when I was like 15 or 16 in theaters, and it was just such an experience, I walked out of that theater with two friends, felt like our world was upside down. Like that's the theater experience. That's what we are looking for, every time go to to the movies.

YOUR BODY MADE A PROMSE!!
Interesting perspective. This was definitely one of Cruise’s best performances. Crowe always seems to have some of the dopest soundtracks in his films too, that stood out upon my first viewing. I’m going to rewatch both versions tonight and see if I have a change of heart.

Last edited: