Shaquille O'Neal could have easily mirrored Wilt Chamberlain's #s in that era

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
Honestly these guys dominated a diluted era with bad shooting. Wilt averaged 40 field goal attempts and 17 free throw attempts during his 50 pt season. Players back then lacked the conditioning and athleticism of the players today as well. Offensive goal tending was legal @ that point. I'm not arguing that Shaq is better but dammit he's just as good as Wilt was. They are really brothers from another mother when you think about it. Both of these big MFs lacked motivation to seek greatness. Wilt was a trip...obsessed with scoring records and nonsensical garbage that people like today. Dude was the polar opposite of Bill Russell.

Also on the low Lebron would average a triple double in Oscar Robertson's era.....easy :lolbron::troll:

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
Agreed wilt played in a weak era with a different tempo of basketball with no 3 pt line. Shaq played against much better centers:shaq:Throughout his career.

Last edited:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
I wont call Shaq a disappointment or anything cause he's got 4 rings and his numbers can stack up with anyone's. But it's crazy that he never averaged 30 points or 15 rebounds in a season when that should have been the norm for him in his prime.

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ
I wont call Shaq a disappointment or anything cause he's got 4 rings and his numbers can stack up with anyone's. But it's crazy that he never averaged 30 points or 15 rebounds in a season when that should have been the norm for him in his prime.
:shaq: Was saving it for the post season. He had movies to make and albums to record.:win:

Daps
Reppin
Trenton, NJ

:shaq2:29.7 ppg and 13.6 rpg aren't close enough for you :usure:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Shaq playing 48 minutes per game. :russ:

Come on man. Wilt was a supreme, all time athlete. Look at this guy at 50:

11icsox.gif

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
shaq was lazy, it wasnt his nature to max his ability like a wilt

What makes you think Wilt maximized his abilities? He only won 2 championships and was trade multiple times in his prime.