Shaq 2000 was the best center of all time. If you dont believe watch these.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
It wasnt just his size. Watch his footwork...moveset...spin...USE of power...the flawless turnaround jumper and jumphook...the desperation in his foes' face...the triple teams of futility...2000 shaq >>>>>>>>

Ends patrick ewings career and embarasses Kurt Thomas

Embarasses the pacers triple teams. Ends rik smits career...embarasses dale davis.

Last edited:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, but if you switch eras would he have? Would wilt have averaged 50 and 25? Be fair.

People are always so quick to point to the era argument. Who exactly what Shaq playing against? All of his peers were either retired, :flabbynsick:, or literally sick. Meanwhile Wilt did what he did against Russell, Willis Reed, Nate Thurmond, Jerry Lucas, Walt Bellamy etc.. Shaq was great and if we could just leave it at that it would be cool but nobody can ever do that. They always gotta take it to the GOAT. Other guys were more dominant numbers wise and impact wise, period. And Shaq's era was one of the weakest ever in terms of big men.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
any reason why?
People forget that in 1962 the pace of the game was incredibly high. That's why Oscar was able to average a triple double. They shot the ball within like 10 seconds every single possession. Wilt would score 50 and the Sixers as a team would score 130. In 2000, that wouldn't come close to happening. Plus, while the centers were not the greatest in 2000 as Hakeem and Ewing were nearing their end, there were still a lot more players with good size to play Wilt as opposed to his competition in 1962. I think Wilt could do maybe between 25-30 if he really had a translating game. But there's no way I see him putting up anywhere close to 40.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
People forget that in 1962 the pace of the game was incredibly high. That's why Oscar was able to average a triple double. They shot the ball within like 10 seconds every single possession. Wilt would score 50 and the Sixers as a team would score 130. In 2000, that wouldn't come close to happening. Plus, while the centers were not the greatest in 2000 as Hakeem and Ewing were nearing their end, there were still a lot more players with good size to play Wilt as opposed to his competition in 1962. I think Wilt could do maybe between 25-30 if he really had a translating game. But there's no way I see him putting up anywhere close to 40.
ok thats fair

but the next few years, and when most of our HOF big men came into the league, dude averaged 33-40 and 25-27 :patrice:

I think he would get busy and shoot at a higher percentage