Severe flooding after heavy rainfall in Beijing China

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coming to a city near you

I wish world leaders can get together and actually do something about all this globally.

Daps
Reppin
Seattle/Tacoma
We gotta stop downplaying the effects here. Land mass is NOT the concern. 94% of China lives on the right side of the red line here. 94% of 1.4 billion is 1.26 billion people. That 94% lives across the red line because the western provinces of China are largely unsustainable for the level of population China has.

Climate change isn't a gradual process. The weather cataclysms just happen, and suddenly the land isn't inhabitantable anymore. We don't get time to adjust.

Cities that contain upwards of 30 million people in a single metro area in a footprint of a couple hundred square kilometers would have to relocate. The second map shows the hardest hit areas if global temperature rises 1.5C and 2.0C. That kind of shifting in population would upset the balance in a country and could potentially collapse it.

main-qimg-979fb69fad189deebd2dcdcc388d48d7

images

You add in the fact that Bangladesh will sink into the ocean, climate refugees REGARDLESS of nationality will come barreling over into China and there will be 2 options for China; either let them come in and overwhelm China's limited resources or to start hostilities with neighboring countries not to let them in.

This is going to be a fukking mess, I hope you realize that.
I was recently in Kenya. While there I realized part of Chinas efforts to establish themselves in parts of Africa is due to this. There is a bunch of rural, less populated and uninhabited land in places like Kenya. Even right outside Nairobi. In Nairobi they have done some major infrastructure projects and are building a bunch of high rise apartment buildings.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I was recently in Kenya. While there I realized part of Chinas efforts to establish themselves in parts of Africa is due to this. There is a bunch of rural, less populated and uninhabited land in places like Kenya. Even right outside Nairobi. In Nairobi they have done some major infrastructure projects and are building a bunch of high rise apartment buildings.
Climate migration is a MAJOR economic disruptor and I realize most people can't see this because they are only looking at the downstream effects with one lens; relocatable land. They're not asking the questions on how long would it take to build the infrastructure, efficiently relocate people to that area, or whether or not that land is even conducive to people living there as evidenced from the maps of China I linked.

On a small scale, look at the nonsense Chicago and New York City are going through with illegal immigration and it's only a couple thousand immigrants. Imagine when it's a couple million refugees and you can't send them back to their country.

This is going to be a whole clusterfukk.