Sen. Rand Paul Speaks Out Against the PATRIOT Act

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Young Paul outchere giving that work ................................................................... by his lonesome ........... :damn: where are the Congressional Black Caucus or Latinos ..... right...its a bunch of white libertarians standing up for your rights (they are far from perfect or have perfect ideas). Nontheless, it shouldn't be that way.

The most potent and simple point he made is that all you have to do is abide by the Constitution/Bill of Rights and get a warrant, as opposed to just arbitrary collection of data

Why are the Congress people so jellyfish ? ..................... why? :patrice:

This is why I made that thread about the Constitution and Slavery in The Root http://www.thecoli.com/threads/sohh...ion-bill-of-rights-being-slaveholders.316332/....... as black people will have a very nuanced view of the Bill of Rights, cause it wasn't written for people that look like us or our ancestors. So we, rightly so, have a bit of a dubious relationship to it. Yet,[paraphrasing], as MLK, Jr said we have to make sure the words inscribed in the Bill of Rights ARE actually manifested FOR EVERYONE.

My point is, people need to wake up, and stop thinking b/se a black person says something it makes it right and ok. Be analytical. A white guy, in this instance Rand Paul, is standing up for your rights, and so happens that a black guy in this instance, BHO, is not. Being a sheep based on the race of someone goes against exactly what MLK, Jr was talking about .......... since the "content of the character" of that person is what makes the ultimate difference.

If a Chinese guy is saying GMOs are bad, I'm not going to agree with the church going black guy with a family who works at Monsanto who tells me its good.

If a Latino woman says MJ and hemp should be legalized, I'm not going to agree with the sexy black female HBCU graduate that got a degree in criminal justice that keeps telling me that we need to keep locking up brothers and sisters.

Be analytical and look at issues for what they are not just the race of the person putting their views out there.
:blessed:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Rand Paul isn't standing up for anything, he's on that Libertarian wave. A lot of racists love them because it gives them the right to freely shoot people of color.
Keep supporting the so called black president while he guts the remaining freedoms you have left in the name of national security.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Keep supporting the so called black president while he guts the remaining freedoms you have left in the name of national security.
Where in my post was I stating I supported the president? Nowhere. Keep assuming and supporting the son of a racist working for "old south democrats" under a new name: Libertarians.
Enjoy your people working in camps.

Mixerr Reviews

Mixerr Reviews
Daps
Reppin
Austin, Texas, US
Here's what I think about Rand Paul speaking out against the PATRIOT ACT.

Even though Rand Paul is a Republican representative, he is the right politician to stand up and speak out against the PATRIOT ACT! Rand Paul has made some bad moves in his politics is no good reason to slander the man himself.
It's time that we have a politician stand up against the PATRIOT ACT. Because the PATRIOT ACT is neo-nazi fascism. It infringes upon people's human rights and and civil rights. People have been jailed indefinitely because fascist act of governmental policy. The PATRIOT ACT The PATRIOT ACT needs to be repelled and deemed to be unconstitutional.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
You sound like one of those redneck gun totting conservatives you'd see at a Leonard Skinnard concert screaming "merica". Sounding like you cry during the national anthem and shyt. You stop and clap for troops at the airport don't you