seen John Woo the KILLER FOR THE FIRST TIME ON NETFLIX

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I remember when I was trying to find the DVD on ebay. Cats wanted up to 40 bucks for it. I finally found a "buy it now" for 15 shipped. I was :blessed: and :mjcry:

I read rumors DD was gonna release it, but I couldn't wait because it seemed like it was gonna get cancelled. DD eventually did release it, like 2 years after I copped. Now I got the BR too.

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
In 1992, American director and writer Walter Hill wrote a screenplay titled The Killer, Based on the Hong Kong Action Film by John Woo that was dated 6 April 1992. A year later, screenwriters Jim Cash and Jack Epps, Jr. were hired by producers Charles Roven and Robert Cavallo to write a screenplay based on The Killer for Tri-Star Pictures. The press release of this remake stated the script was written for actors Richard Gere and Denzel Washington.[35] In June 1992, it was announced Walter Hill and David Giler were writing a script titled Hong Kong based on The Killer with Hill directing.[83] The producers had difficulty with the relationship between two main characters in the script as they felt that American audiences would interpret it as a homoerotic one. Producer Terence Chang, who worked with Woo on several productions, suggested to the American producers to have Hong Kong actress Michelle Yeoh play the role of the police officer to resolve any homoerotic reading of the film.[84] A third draft of the script was released by 23 August 1993 which featured a story of a Caucasian hitman living in Hong Kong. This screenplay moved the focus from the pairing the hit man and the police detective characters to the characters of blinded night club singer and the hit man.[85]

In October 2007, The Hollywood Reporter announced that a remake of The Killer was announced with American-Korean director John H. Lee directing. The remake would take place in Los Angeles's Koreatown, Chinatown, and South Central. Lee has stated that The Killer is one of his favourite films and that he is excited to make his own version of the film.[86]

The remake will be produced by Woo, and star Jung Woo-sung. The film is set to be shot in 3D.[8

I don't think John Woo is working on this now,but who knows...btw,Richard Gere would have played The Killer and Denzel would have played the Detective.

Here's a podcast about Face/Off...It's pretty funny - http://www.earwolf.com/episode/face-off-live/

Last edited:

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
do they have the classic voiceover or subtitles? that's one of those ones i have a hard time watching it with subtitles lol i'm used to the voiceover from seeing it the first time and of course from OB4CL

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
You're not a legit fan until you've seen Hard Boiled. Get on that ASAP. :damn:

And if you haven't yet, watch the first two A Better Tomorrow films.

yall might neg me but :whoa:

i thought killer was better

the begining was dope but after the library it went kinda down hill shyt got kinda of cartoony towards the end like john wick

imo killer>

also is that the same mad dog from the raid

or is that a Chinese culture to name bad guys mad dog ???

im gonna check out those better tomorrow films

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
yall might neg me but :whoa:

i thought killer was better

the begining was dope but after the library it went kinda down hill shyt got kinda of cartoony towards the end like john wick

imo killer>

also is that the same mad dog from the raid

or is that a Chinese culture to name bad guys mad dog ???

im gonna check out those better tomorrow films

:manny:

Some do consider Killer to be the deeper film. I feel that way with the first two Tomorrow films. Hard Boiled just had the best action to me.

That's a different Mad Dog. I remember there was a white Mad Dog in the first Ong Bak film too :russ:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
you gotta check Hard Boiled
thats that hood classical shyt right there