Sea of Thieves coming to steam June 3rd

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Anyone tryna hop on this, I'm bout it. I'll even let you steer the yacht. And don't forget to download the sea of thieves perk in your gamepass subscription. Get yourself a little Ori boat, boss hoggin on the high C's :smoker:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Just started playing this and it's pretty fun, but it's not something I personally see myself playing for long periods of time. Couple hour session tops.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Game suffers from a lot of repetitiveness so it gets that burnt out feeling quite easily. You don't even have multiple paths to success. Something like GTA can get repetitive but the freedom of success is the key component to staving off that feeling that you've done this before. SoT has been out too long to be suffering from content issues.

Fun in a group and suffering otherwise. I wouldn't play SoT solo in any capacity, and having non-randoms is essential.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anyone tryna hop on this, I'm bout it. I'll even let you steer the yacht. And don't forget to download the sea of thieves perk in your gamepass subscription. Get yourself a little Ori boat, boss hoggin on the high C's :smoker:

:laff:

Also, stop pretending you like this game :mjlol:

ol
fetchimage
Ass nikka

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
:laff:

Also, stop pretending you like this game :mjlol:

ol
fetchimage
Ass nikka
Unlike what @Rice N Beans was saying, the game is extremely polished now and they never stopped adding content. shyts dope, now get in the brig or walk the plank bytches. Real talk, this a game about living like a pirate. A lot of y'all too soft for that life and would rather play cosplay the video game. If you the type of guy who likes p*ssy? Get sea of thieves. If you are p*ssy, go play something else :yeshrug:

Gato Roboto :myman:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Polished is not the therm I'd rock with. Do you liken polish to perpetual frame drops and bubblegum netcode? I sure don't.

I played the game quite a bit and still do on a somewhat irregular basis. My sessions are short because we've done most of what can be done and the repetitive nature of Voyages/Tall Tales/Whatever the game gives you to do. Pillaging others is the only deep mechanic, and even then there's so few paths to victory that you can easily prepare for them all in a short amount of time

Content is still an issue. Don't let the fanboys try to tell you this game is healthy. Pretty anemic for the length of time that it's been out. You can clearly see they had a "sell it now 20% done and fix it up later if we don't pull in enough money" release mentality. The last content update was Emissaries? It is just more recycled fetch garbage. Tall Tales are designed to be obtuse and vague to stretch out the time you're in it. Hours of work pay out only a couple thousand in gold. Shores Of Gold tall tale, to be exact, only paid out 10k. :mjlol: You can get that and more doing a Skull or Fleet, which is over with faster AND has more action.

Anyways, it is fun in a group, and underwhelming as a whole. You can do everything in just a few weeks.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rare has been garbage for a long time now even with Microsoft’s unlimited money. That generic looking Everwild game they’re making won’t change anything.

tgu

Pro
Daps
:yeshrug: Just downloaded the game a few days ago cuz it’s on game pass and I heard it’s better than at launch

:mjlol: shyt is still trash