SCOTUS Watch Thread

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
Biden is the current President, and I'm sure they are smart enough to not give Biden immunity, much less an unhinged felon.

only one time has Robert's ordered barricades around the court... that resulted in the overturning of Roe

Trump wants immunity so bad he can't see that by getting it, Biden could order him to be executed with immunity

There's a reason why that specific question was brought up during arguments.

Gonna be a lot of pissed people, and with the heat... shyts gonna pop off

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I think if Biden is re-elected he probably needs to expand the Supreme Court or term-limits need to be put into legislation.

Expanding the court has better odds than term limits. Term Limits would have to go through congress while I think Biden can add justices on his own (though I believe they'd still have to be approved by the senate).

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Expanding the court has better odds than term limits. Term Limits would have to go through congress while I think Biden can add justices on his own (though I believe they'd still have to be approved by the senate).
Yeah SC justice nominations have to be approved through the Senate. I believe that's how Merrick Garland got screwed over when Obama wanted to appoint him but Republicans said... NOPE.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Yeah SC justice nominations have to be approved through the Senate. I believe that's how Merrick Garland got screwed over when Obama wanted to appoint him but Republicans said... NOPE.

The loophole is a recess appointment I believe but I think that's limited to 12 or 18 months.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Justice Clarence Thomas, the author of the majority opinion in the 2022 decision, New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen, was the only dissenter.

:scust:

The Fifth Circuit, which ruled for Mr. Rahimi, is dominated by Republican appointees and has issued a series of aggressively conservative rulings that have met a frosty reception at the Supreme Court, itself quite conservative, on issues like immigration, abortion pills, contacts with social media companies and so-called ghost guns. Some of those Supreme Court rulings were tentative, but the overall picture is one of an appeals court out of step with the justices.

In the case decided Friday, Chief Justice Roberts said the appeals court’s opinion was an exercise in “slaying a straw man.”

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
So the Trump Immunity case didn't get released today. Is it safe to say they are ruling against Trump but trying to buy him some time by not releasing the verdict?
Don’t matter Jack Smith already said Trump still going to trail even if the shyt start in September lmaoo