ScHoolboy Q - CrasH Talk (Discussion Thread)

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Q lost weight :ehh:

Starting to look closer to his pre-Habits and Contradictions days. Wonder if he kicked the lean once and for all.

I know folks on here loved Blank Face, but I thought it was too much in his comfort zone. Not that that's a bad thing cuz it had some bangers on it, but at one point it felt like him and Kendrick were neck and neck in popularity out of Black Hippy, but after Oxymoron and TPAB K. dot just left him in the dust.
q has been on a healthy kick for the last few years now.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Q lost weight :ehh:

Starting to look closer to his pre-Habits and Contradictions days. Wonder if he kicked the lean once and for all.

I know folks on here loved Blank Face, but I thought it was too much in his comfort zone. Not that that's a bad thing cuz it had some bangers on it, but at one point it felt like him and Kendrick were neck and neck in popularity out of Black Hippy, but after Oxymoron and TPAB K. dot just left him in the dust.

Blackface went gold but it seemed to be a big step down commercially for Q. First week sales were 74k, whereas Oxymoron's were like 140k. That Part was a hit but it was basically the only song that did well off the album, whereas Oxymoron had multiple radio tracks. All that being said, the album did go gold like I said and obviously had multiple bangers...and it was a dope album. Q had a successful tour and did his thing...but I feel like he should be bigger than he is.

He has the talent to make hits, and I think the new streaming rules/climate will ensure he does well with this album if he comes correct. I liked Jay Rock's album but you could tell that the radio attempts were reaches that didn't fit who he is as an artist. Q can do that type of stuff tho. Give something like Win to Q and he'd come up with a way better hook and make it a bigger song. He can also pull off some of the radio friendly shyt that Kendrick did on DAMN. He's not gonna be as big as Kendrick obviously, but he has a fanbase and just needs the right single...I think he could do 100k first week with the right moves.

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
tenor.gif