Saying somebody is only so and so years old is no longer an excuse anymore

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all sound old. Of course Chief Keef is trash lyrically, but people who want raw ass lyrics are not his target market. Image always played a huge role in Hip-Hop and does so even more today. A lot of young people fukk with him cause they can relate to him. Basically he just a bad ass lil hood nicca and whatever he does on film/music comes across as authentic and that's why the youth fukk with him.

Gone are the days of battling 20 niccas to get on. An ugly mutherfukker like Craig Mack couldn't get on today without some type of gimmick, no matter how raw his lyrics were. These days it's a little more style over substance. Right now Keef spitting shytty lyrics while maintaining a gangster image is more beneficial to him than turning into a lyrical monster. He would actually alienate a lot of his core fan base. Imagine if Waka Flaka started rapping like Canibus :rudy:

rocking hollister and north face counts as style in chicago?!?!!?

:laff:

fukkouttahere with chief keef having any style.

:rudy:

the only reason anyone knows who chief keef is is because of that beat.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
idk why people even try that shyt when half the time, the very rapper they tryna defend admits they don't try. I seen a interview where chief keef was like

"i'm not a lyrical rapper... i aint worried bout metamorphosis or similacs :scusthov:"

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
rocking hollister and north face counts as style in chicago?!?!!?

:laff:

fukkouttahere with chief keef having any style.

:rudy:

the only reason anyone knows who chief keef is is because of that beat.

Im not defending his lyrics broski, I'm just explaining what the appeal is about him; and its his image and style, not his lyrics. Lyrics are just not as important these days with a lot of the younger artist. It is what it is.
[YOUTUBE]SlhbpFCMHfY[/YOUTUBE]
:pachaha:

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
Y'all sound old. Of course Chief Keef is trash lyrically, but people who want raw ass lyrics are not his target market. Image always played a huge role in Hip-Hop and does so even more today. A lot of young people fukk with him cause they can relate to him. Basically he just a bad ass lil hood nicca and whatever he does on film/music comes across as authentic and that's why the youth fukk with him.

Gone are the days of battling 20 niccas to get on. An ugly mutherfukker like Craig Mack couldn't get on today without some type of gimmick, no matter how raw his lyrics were. These days it's a little more style over substance. Right now Keef spitting shytty lyrics while maintaining a gangster image is more beneficial to him than turning into a lyrical monster. He would actually alienate a lot of his core fan base. Imagine if Waka Flaka started rapping like Canibus :rudy:

+rep

exactly. y'all nikkas are acting like we're making you listen to these nikkas. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. Y'all sound younger then the nikkas y'all mad at. Stop bytchin.

All these threads are doing is spreading their name around more and adding to their fanbase.

I don't care if Chief Keef can't rap. I like his music, I like his sound. Nobody wants to hear overly lyrical shyt 24/7. Sometimes I wanna hear some ignorant shyt over a heavy beat. Sometimes I wanna hear some smooth shyt. Sometimes I wanna hear something else.

If you do want to hear shakespeare lyrics 24/7, Buy an iPod.

All these artists aren't catering to just you. fukk you :birdman:

Y'all grown ass nikkas crying & bytching because you're favorite artist isn't shining, That's that shyt I don't like :stopitslime:

That Singer Guy...

TiMeLeSs Moderator
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Knoxville, Tn
+rep

exactly. y'all nikkas are acting like we're making you listen to these nikkas. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. Y'all sound younger then the nikkas y'all mad at. Stop bytchin.

All these threads are doing is spreading their name around more and adding to their fanbase.

I don't care if Chief Keef can't rap. I like his music, I like his sound. Nobody wants to hear overly lyrical shyt 24/7. Sometimes I wanna hear some ignorant shyt over a heavy beat. Sometimes I wanna hear some smooth shyt. Sometimes I wanna hear something else.

Y'all grown ass nikkas crying & bytching because you're favorite artist isn't shining, That's that shyt I don't like :stopitslime:

nikka did you read the thread? I never once said anything about his style or anything. I was talking about the nikkas that said give him a chance to improve when he'll never do that and the people telling other people not too judge his music as hard because hes 16 which is also retarded.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im not defending his lyrics broski, I'm just explaining what the appeal is about him; and its his image and style, not his lyrics. Lyrics are just not as important these days with a lot of the younger artist. It is what it is.
[YOUTUBE]SlhbpFCMHfY[/YOUTUBE]
:pachaha:

dude dresses like a bum. what kind of style or image is he projecting?!?!?!?! serious question. no hate.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
+rep

nobody is asking for anything overly lyric. vado isn't overlyrical. pusha t isn't overly lyrical.

we're just asking a nikka to sound like he reads at higher than a 2nd grade level.

just admit that the only reason you give a fukk about keef is because of the beats. that's cool. but, stop trying to make excuses for this remedial nikka.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
dude dresses like a bum. what kind of style or image is he projecting?!?!?!?! serious question. no hate.

He's projecting that I'm not a rapper, I'm just a street nikka who raps style. And its not just the beats that give him an appeal. You wouldn't want to hear Common (1 of my favorite mc's) on Chief Keef beats and vise versa. All Im saying is his style is perfect for his target audience. And nobody should be defending him talking about give him time, I agree. The thing is, he doesn't need to improve lyrically to continue to be successful with his core fan base. Trust me I lived in the Chi before, this nikka shyt is some gangbang soundtrack type shyt.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
I don't think anyone is all that upset or anything in here. Just stating their opinion and keeping it moving. Hardly a 'Get Off My Lawn' type post in this entire thread.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
+rep

thats not the point of the thread.

but since you want to take it there, i'll take you up on your offer and respond by saying:
why support a rapper whos not doing anything that cant be done better by you or any joe schmoe that cant even rap themselves? i mean, whats the purpose?:what: if you like the beat, give props to the producer, grab the instrumental and make your own version.

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
nobody is asking for anything overly lyric. vado isn't overlyrical. pusha t isn't overly lyrical.

we're just asking a nikka to sound like he reads at higher than a 2nd grade level.

just admit that the only reason you give a fukk about keef is because of the beats. that's cool. but, stop trying to make excuses for this remedial nikka.

Nobodies making excuses for him. Like I said if you don't like it, don't listen. Don't go crying about it on the internet.

And that's not true. I like some of the things he says. The beats are really good but that's not all I listen for. Maybe for someone else but not me. I'm not one of the hop on fans that just got hip. I've been tryna get my area hip since January. I wouldn't do that if I only cared about the beats.

thats not the point of the thread.

but since you want to take it there, i'll take you up on your offer and respond by saying:
why support a rapper whos not doing anything that cant be done better by you or any joe schmoe that cant even rap themselves? i mean, whats the purpose?:what: if you like the beat, give props to the producer, grab the instrumental and make your own version.

:wtf: I can flip that back on you as well. Why don't you do it? A lot rappers aren't doing anything special. That's why most aren't signed.

I support him because I want too :wtf: You sound stupid as shyt. Why do you support the rappers you support? I'm pretty sure some of them are doing cookie cutter shyt.

I'm not Doin his kinda music cuz it wouldn't be as genuine a it would coming from him. And idk where y'all got this you only like the beat shyt from. That may be the case for y'all but not for me.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
^you cant flip it on me. i dont support cookie-cutter rappers, homeboy.

and yes, i understand the whole genuine angle that youre using. i understand that COMPLETELY. but this guy just sucks badly. theres a reason why all his fans are so young. its because they dont know any better.

but hey, do you. im just letting you know why people are in here saying what theyre saying.