Say you just started dating a dude..

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
..and it's 2 months in and everything is good. You haven't had any talks about exclusivity but it's basically that without the title. Dude is a bit of a loner but not socially awkward. 3 months into dating he has an overseas trip he's taking by himself which was planned since wayback. He's not meeting up with any people or going with any friends, just solo dolo. Would this set off any red flags? Would you feel a certain way?

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Truthfully I would be concerned.
What is the purpose of the trip?

Yinny

Biracial a little bit
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
..and it's 2 months in and everything is good. You haven't had any talks about exclusivity but it's basically that without the title. Dude is a bit of a loner but not socially awkward. 3 months into dating he has an overseas trip he's taking by himself which was planned since wayback. He's not meeting up with any people or going with any friends, just solo dolo. Would this set off any red flags? Would you feel a certain way?

To the first part, please don't be silly with the "basically" talk. Either you are a couple or you aren't and that could easily be resolved with a conversation, no need to equivocate.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I need at least 6 months before I know if I really even like someone like that, and another 6 to be like yeah lets go.

2 months tho

:dahell:

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
I wouldn't feel any type of way about a preplanned trip - just hope he's safe and enjoys his adventures.
I would have an issue with the bolded though as we would have to both verbally acknowledge that we are in an exclusive relationship.

LoMax30

Bokeem Hoodbine
Daps
Reppin
Chopped Cheese & Snapple Iced Tea
Truthfully I would be concerned.
What is the purpose of the trip?
General travel/leisure

To the first part, please don't be silly with the "basically" talk. Either you are a couple or you aren't and that could easily be resolved with a conversation, no need to equivocate.
I just added that part to give an idea of the dynamic. We haven't had that talk yet nor am I necessarily in a rush to. Just kinda going with the flow for now.

Daps
No. I'm planning a solo trip to Africa next year ( not sure which country). Totally innocent. If I'm dating someone by then, I would hope that they would be fine with it. Besides, if I spend thousands on a trip, I'm not gonna not go because of someone that I've been dating for 2 months
:usure:

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
I've traveled alone in the past. I don't see a problem. Some people like traveling solo or don't have a choice.

Why would you think she would see it as a red flag?

Edit: reread OP