Say you get to bring back a single dead video game IP

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How far back we calling dead. How many years/generations need to pass?
I would say it doesn't really matter. The Order 1886 came out last generation and we all know it's dead.
Xenogears Sequel

Not Xenosaga, not XemoBlade, not X

XENOGEARS

Or a Tribes sequel based off Tribes 2, but throw in the buckler, rocket pod, grappling hook, and repair pack from Vengeance
At this point I'd take a straight up port of Xenosaga on modern hardware even if they didn't fix or improve anything.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Except this :sas2:...

chrono-trigger-principal.jpg

Game deserves a remake.
I didn't mention this because I'd want it to get the same love FF7RE got but x10

Chrono trigger is as close to a perfect game as you can possibly get

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I would say it doesn't really matter. The Order 1886 came out last generation and we all know it's dead.

At this point I'd take a straight up port of Xenosaga on modern hardware even if they didn't fix or improve anything.

Fair point.

F-Zero and Splinter Cell.

Nintendo only concerns themselves with Mario Kart as their only racer. F-Zero would be more on the hardcore side so this goes against the current motif of things but if given to a competent developer, it's be glorious.

Splinter Cell doesn't fit into the open world works of current day ubisoft so it's lost to time.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Dino Crisis & Perfect Dark.

Dino Crisis in particular would be perfect to get the RE remake treatment.

Fair point.

F-Zero and Splinter Cell.

Nintendo only concerns themselves with Mario Kart as their only racer. F-Zero would be more on the hardcore side so this goes against the current motif of things but if given to a competent developer, it's be glorious.

Splinter Cell doesn't fit into the open world works of current day ubisoft so it's lost to time.

I think GX was as close to perfection for F-Zero. I wish they'd remaster it at the least, difficulty and all. Even add in the AX stuff.

That game was so damn good though, and the bow on top was that it was the best Nintendo/Sega collaboration. :mjcry: