Saving Sony: The Web Of Life And Destiny

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
This is exactly what they’re doing though

What it looks like they're doing is getting ready use the fanfare from NWH to make Andrew Garfield their Spider-man and force a nonsensical Sinister 6 move. He should obviously come back for a cameo, but re-treading shyt that was dumb in the TASM era in present day is...dumb.

And nothing is stopping them from taking the potential with a Madam Web film and missing the point of the character.

For Sony it's really a choice between Andrew Garfield's 40 year old Spiderman vs Miles and Spider-verse content.

Spiderman 2099 > a fukking Silver Sable movie.

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
What it looks like they're doing is getting ready use the fanfare from NWH to make Andrew Garfield their Spider-man and force a nonsensical Sinister 6 move. He should obviously come back for a cameo, but re-treading shyt that was dumb in the TASM era in present day is...dumb.

And nothing is stopping them from take the potential with a Madam Web film and missing the point of the character.

For Sony it's really a choice between Andrew Garfield's 40 year old Spiderman vs Miles and Spider-verse content.

So you can tell that Sony is heading towards that because there’s someone in Sony who knows about madame Webb and the spider-verse potential
Sony keeps saying that madame Webb will be their “doctor strange” of the Sony verse which they’re only saying because of the massive success of no way home.
Madame Webb’s main story is going to be about madame Webb meeting multiple versions of herself at the very least. This is guess on my part but the recent casting of Dakota Johnson and Sydney Sweeney help boost this theory since they both look like they could play both versions of Julia carpenter from the comics

And yeah they could butcher this film just like Morbius but i think madame Webb’s purpose is just to go “hey look we have a spider person that can travel between universes just like Wanda and doctor strange”
They're not stopping this movie at all the best we can honestly hope for are a
Spider-Gwen movie
Black cat movie :takedat:

I think there’s an unwritten rule that they can’t have two live-action spider-men at the same time and that these movies are going nowhere or they’re going to fight morlun or something :dead:

Last edited:

Bar Razor

All Star
Daps

And nothing is stopping them from take the potential with a Madam Web film and missing the point of the character.

Yup. That was my concern with NWH, though I understand that Marvel is in a tough spot due to the rights issue. However, I felt that they would use it to make wack Spider Man Sony movies in their wack universe. I hope Garfield, after SM2, and the goodwill he's gotten after NWH would have sense to not just take any Sony Spider-Man movie just to play him again. Money talks though.

I hope Morbius, Kraven and all their upcoming stuff fails. Looks like Venom will continue to make them money, but hopefully one property earning a profit isn't enough.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
So you can tell that Sony is heading towards that because there’s someone in Sony who knows about madame Webb and the spider-verse potential
Sony keeps saying that madame Webb will be their “doctor strange” of the Sony verse which they’re only saying because of the massive success of no way home.
Madame Webb’s main story is going to be about madame Webb meeting multiple versions of herself at the very least. This is guess on my part but the recent casting of Dakota Johnson and Sydney Sweeney help boost this theory since they both look like they could play both versions of Julia carpenter from the comics

And yeah they could butcher this film just like Morbius but i think madame Webb’s purpose is just to go “hey look we have a spider person that can travel between universes just like Wanda and doctor strange”
They're not stopping this movie at all the best we can honestly hope for are a
Spider-Gwen movie
Black cat movie :takedat:

I think there’s an unwritten rule that they can’t have two live-action spider-men at the same time and that these movies are going nowhere or they’re going to fight morlun or something :dead:

That's where my head was at before I read anything about what they might do. Then I saw Dakota Johnson and thought about all the ways they could miss the point.

Big tittie Sydney as Spider-Gwen though?

:lupe:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
That's where my head was at before I read anything about what they might do. Then I saw Dakota Johnson and thought about all the ways they could miss the point.

Big tittie Sydney as Spider-Gwen though?

:lupe:
yeah I think they could've gotten someone better than Dakota but whatever
I doubt Sydney is playing spider-gwen. my guess is still Julia carpenter blonde version

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I find this shyt hilarious honestly

I made the thread for you nikka lol

But no really, rather than saying sell/forefit the IP, I'm saying here's a way to go about it that gives Sony some autonomy and potential to flesh out a Spider-verse franchise that keeps the IP healthy and makes the best out of the sharing arrangement.

I don't know who else to pitch movie ideas to :mjlol:

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Nah, live action needs to stick to one Spider Man
Multiverse doesn't need to be overused
Theirs a difference between doing a SpiderVerse ensemble movie
And doing a bunch of individual stories in different universes
They can easily make animated movies based on the Spiderverse. A Spider noir would be awesome.