Top 4
mbs-saudi.gif

MBS MBS

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
How could they afford this? Didn’t they have to stop building those artificial islands because they ran out of money?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Imagine being able to travel through 9 million people in 20 minutes :wow:

Defense system about to look like Vampire Hunter D:

Architecture around the world is getting insane. Our shyt looks like it peaked in the 80's/90's here.

Meanwhile, China got futuristic cities that are looking like anime.

Last edited:

Nagarjuna

All Star
Daps
All they doing is making western consultants richer.
This.

I swear there have been like a hundred of these projects/ventures announced over the last 2 decades in the Gulf.

Especially in Saudi. I lived there temporarily and I heard about new cities that were supposed to be built in the North, New cities being built on the coast of the red sea, New "districts" in Jeddah, and Hot ass Riyadh, Revamping Mecca and Medina, etc..

Bottom line is, new buildings and infrastructure does get built, but it's always waaaaaay behind schedule, the Saudi bureaucracy moves at snails pace so that slows things down further, meanwhile the western developers are collecting checks

Alix217

Superstar
Daps
This.

I swear there have been like a hundred of these projects/ventures announced over the last 2 decades in the Gulf.

Especially in Saudi. I lived there temporarily and I heard about new cities that were supposed to be built in the North, New cities being built on the coast of the red sea, New "districts" in Jeddah, and Hot ass Riyadh, Revamping Mecca and Medina, etc..

Bottom line is, new buildings and infrastructure does get built, but it's always waaaaaay behind schedule, the Saudi bureaucracy moves at snails pace so that slows things down further, meanwhile the western developers are collecting checks

It's actually a decent idea, they're taking that dirty oil money and trying to build something sustainable and eco-friendly, if this works it could be used as a model for other cities/infrastructure. They coud license out the technology/companies to other countries.

It's essentially solving the urban sprawl problem, infrastructure problem, construction, pollution, global warming and conservation issue in one.

The key part is the train/transporation system. They should have multiple lines so that people can travel across the 'Line' without having to deal with too many stops.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pretty cool. I doubt most people want to live in a place like that. Probably get cooped up n shyt.