Sankofa

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Did you ever order any copies of that Emory Douglas book we were talking about? I need to jump back on your website and try to order up a copy of Sankofa again.

At the time we talked when I found it it was unavailable to me. I'll check again it's probably back now, I actually am getting ready to create a special 50 year anniversary section for the Black Panthers so I'll need that book. The website is being repaired right now so that shyt might not work for you, if it does then cool but if not then just me up at the store by phone and we can take care of it that way.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
any links? I checking Vudu, Amazon, iTunes none of them have it for purchase to stream.

Oh btw, we're working on getting Sankofa on more streaming services. I won't go into details but some things are definitely in the works. One of Haile's earlier films, Ashes & Embers, is actually on Netflix so if you want an idea of the type of themes that he tackles as a filmmaker that's a good one to watch.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
At the time we talked when I found it it was unavailable to me. I'll check again it's probably back now, I actually am getting ready to create a special 50 year anniversary section for the Black Panthers so I'll need that book. The website is being repaired right now so that shyt might not work for you, if it does then cool but if not then just me up at the store by phone and we can take care of it that way.

When would be a good time to call?

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Today included?

Yeah, on Sundays we close at 6. But yeah you can call today, I'm not there but my colleague at the shop got chu she'll take care of it. lol, I remember when I think @bdizzle called and I answer that shyt had me :dead:, when you gon buy some books from me nikka? :russ:

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
That was really powerful, and was one of the best depictions of the daily tortures and tough decisions the enslaved went thru, the way our families were purposefully broken, and how Christianity was used to break us so evilly.

What I truly appreciated was how it showed that there were constant mini rebellions...from running from a plantation to free land to give birth, from finally rebelling against a head slaver, or rebuking Christianity, we fought for the ENTIRE 400 YEARS.

Im disappointed nobody told me about this earlier. I think I just fell in love with the girl who told me about it.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
That was really powerful, and was one of the best depictions of the daily tortures and tough decisions the enslaved went thru, the way our families were purposefully broken, and how Christianity was used to break us so evilly.

What I truly appreciated was how it showed that there were constant mini rebellions...from running from a plantation to free land to give birth, from finally rebelling against a head slaver, or rebuking Christianity, we fought for the ENTIRE 400 YEARS.

Im disappointed nobody told me about this earlier. I think I just fell in love with the girl who told me about it.

That’s one of the main points being driven home. And it wasn’t because of some white benefactor it was because of their human need to resist something so inhumane. Haile has an upcoming project about the maroons in the United States that’s more or less the spiritual sequel to Sankofa.

And yes to the rep question, I still run the bookstore.