Sanford, Florida Businesses Suffering after Zimmerman Verdict (VIDEO)

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Sanford, Florida 'Like a Ghost Town' as Boycotts Increase | Buy Black All Year Long

SANFORD, FL — Several businesses in Sanford said they’ve been suffering ever since the start of the George Zimmerman trial. They said business hasn’t gotten any better after the verdict.

Theo Hollerbach, owner of the Willow Tree Cafe, said business was growing over the last 12 years the café has been in the same downtown spot.

“For the last eight weeks, six to eight weeks, we’ve seen a major downturn in business,” Hollerbach said. He added that sales are down almost 10 percent.

He said customers have been cancelling reservations ever since the start of the Zimmerman trial.

“People are thinking the things that are happening in other areas of our country are happening in our town,” Hollerbach said.

Jeanine Taylor said her art gallery, Jeanine Taylor Folk Art, is also taking a hit. ”Some of my customers have said that they are concerned about coming up,” Taylor said.

“They are afraid to walk around downtown Sanford because they don’t want none of that to happen to their son,” Brinson said.

The Sanford Police Department said there have been no violent incidents related to the Zimmerman trial in the city. ”The part about being afraid to come here is kind of disturbing,” Capt. Jim McAuliffe of the Sanford Police Department said.

Business owners hope that message reaches their customers soon.

Hollerbach said he’s already had to cut employee hours and will be forced to lay off some of his staff if business continues to plummet.

Watch the news interviews from local television station WFTV-9

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
fox_zimmerman_laughs_130703c1.gif

Daps
Reppin
NULL
good, boycott as many white (or all non-black) businesses as possible.

But you still shop at WalMart...
You still wear Ralph Lauren...
You still drive a Ford, Chevy, GMC, Dodge, Jeep, Chrysler or Lincoln...
You still get groceries at Whole Foods, BiLo, Lowes Foods...

If you truly boycotted white business your entire lifestyle would have to change

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

If you truly boycotted white business your entire lifestyle would have to change

i know you're speaking generally but most of that doesn't apply to me. as for grocery stores, kinda hard not to support them since there is no local black owned grocery stores. i actually made a post about that last week. if we want to start building black businesses, the first stop has to be black owned grocery stores. we rely heavily on white people for nutrition and that's one area we can't boycott.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.

I Drive Japanese:jawalrus:!