Samsung set to launch the first commercial 8K TV at the end of the month

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I don't think @Ciggavelli will even fukk with this right now. :francis:
Yeah, there’s absolutely no reason for anybody to buy this. No 8K content, no console support, no gpu (or combination of GPUs) can run PC games at 8K, etc.

Dell has actually had an 8K monitor for some time now. It’s marketed to graphic artists, but I’m doubtful that artists can even tell the difference between 4K and 8K on a 27” monitor. :francis:

Even if you had all of the money in the world, I can’t think of a reason why you would buy this. 4K videos would be distorted, it’s missing important inputs and future standards, etc.

This is just a proof of concept. Tech advances have to start somewhere, and this is exactly what this 8K tv is doing.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah, there’s absolutely no reason for anybody to buy this. No 8K content, no console support, no gpu (or combination of GPUs) can run PC games at 8K, etc.

Dell has actually had an 8K monitor for some time now. It’s marketed to graphic artists, but I’m doubtful that artists can even tell the difference between 4K and 8K on a 27” monitor. :francis:

Even if you had all of the money in the world, I can’t think of a reason why you would buy this. 4K videos would be distorted, it’s missing important inputs and future standards, etc.

This is just a proof of concept. Tech advances have to start somewhere, and this is exactly what this 8K tv is doing.
Waiting on dat 24k :troll:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Waiting on dat 24k :troll:
200w.gif

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
At this point in time I'm getting annoyed with Samsung. They ditched OLED for their own tech QLED, which I might add is not the tech they promised. As soon as QLED is released they talking about Micro LED. Then before that gets off the ground they coming out with 8k.

There isn't enough 4k content yet. It irks that most of the content I watch on my 4ktv is standard 1080i.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Dell has actually had an 8K monitor for some time now. It’s marketed to graphic artists, but I’m doubtful that artists can even tell the difference between 4K and 8K on a 27” monitor.
the difference is usually having more workspace. you can tile four native 4K images on your 8K screen

plus there are 8K cameras. you can take that 8K video, crop it, and still be working with high-res video that can eventually be downsampled to 4K

Last edited: