Samsung exits Blu-ray player market in the US

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I have 2 of their 1st gen UHD 4K players, they are okay at best. Sony has a better device in my opinion. As long as Samsung keeps producing high end tv's I'm good.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I believe OPPO was one of the 1st companies to stop making their UHD and standard blu-ray players.
You're right.

Samsung's case is slightly different. Samsung only had support for HDR10. No Dolby Vision or Atmos.

Even the Xbox One S supports that.

OPPO high end players supported damn near every format, were upgradeable and had tons of software support. Hell they're more expensive now because they don't make players anymore

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
You're right.

Samsung's case is slightly different. Samsung only had support for HDR10. No Dolby Vision or Atmos.

OPPO high end players supported damn near every format, were upgradeable and had tons of software support. Hell they're more expensive now because they don't make players anymore

One correction, Atmos is supported on the Samsung players. All you have to do is set the HDMI audio output to Bitstream. I have 2 of their UHD players connected to Onkyo Atmos AVR's.

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
You're right.

All of Samsung’s 4K Blu-ray players support Dolby Atmos.