Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Looking back did Putin have a legitimate concern or grievance with NATO and Ukraine being a NATO partner?

If the same happened to the USA wouldn't the USA have a problem with It?
This talking point has been debunked extensively in the last 72 hours.

1. If Russia's goal was to keep Ukraine out of NATO it wouldn't have annexed Crimea and it would have simply signed a neutrality agreement with Ukraine recognizing it's sovereignty.
2. Ukraine only wants to be a NATO member because of Russian aggression.

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
Does anyone get the feeling that China will come out the winner when this is all said and done?
don't people say that regardless of what happens. "oh the west just let russia take X ... china is the winner." "oh the west is too harsh with the sanctions on russia they'll be forced to go into the bosom of mama china."

to me russia getting canceled this quickly has to be a wakeup call to china.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I disagree with nukes as being the most powerful geopolitical tool. Nukes haven't been used since 1945. They are a deterrent. Nothing more. No one even wants to use them because they are assured mutual destruction.

Unless you're telling me that you feel that Pakistan is a superpower. They have nuclear weapons too.

North Korea has nukes. Are they a superpower?

Then someone will probably tell me that the difference between them and russia is that Russia has logistical capabilities with their nuclear weapons.

So once North Korea improves their nuclear logistics, just like that, they're a superpower?

Really?

If North Korea gets 6,000 nuclear weapons, maybe they won’t be a superpower because they’re still a tiny country but they’ll be a major power. The West would have to stomach a lot more sh*t from them than they do now. But of course at some point it won’t matter anymore. If every country has nukes, no one has nukes.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I don't think Russia turning to China is any surprise. However, relying on them to prop up the Russian economy is a dobule edged sword, especially if Putin's goal is to create an independent Russian Empire.

The Chinese will definitely not consider Russia as equals in that scenario. Putin knows that. Which is why he's in deep shyt right now.
China will def be on some “if I prop you up what do I get in return?” You already know China going to own everything in Russia down to their shytty vodka