Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It’s hangover from the Iraq war failure. Lowkey, Ukraine kinda re-established American legitimacy because it predicted the entire conflict

I'd go further and say it re-affirmed American dominance on a global scale. Clowning the US post-Iraq or post-Syria/Obama was pretty in vogue. Now we're in a situation where the US emerged from a global pandemic stronger than anyone while simutaneously running a successful proxy war against an alleged superpower to the point that their military capability has been decimated. All while running an Amazon Prime-style weapons shipment program to such efficiency the world has never seen before.

None of this has altered anti-western talking points. We're still somehow a dying empire losing it's influence while apparently also having a hand in every bad thing that's happening across the globe, according to Hasan types.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I'd go further and say it re-affirmed American dominance on a global scale. Clowning the US post-Iraq or post-Syria/Obama was pretty in vogue. Now we're in a situation where the US emerged from a global pandemic stronger than anyone while simutaneously running a successful proxy war against an alleged superpower to the point that their military capability has been decimated. All while running an Amazon Prime-style weapons shipment program to such efficiency the world has never seen before.

None of this has altered anti-western talking points. We're still somehow a dying empire losing it's influence while apparently also having a hand in every bad thing that's happening across the globe, according to Hasan types.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

This is what a long dead empire looks like, so take notes tankies. Brexit has fukked them so much they'll never really matter on the global scale again unless they change course. You'd need a complete cultural shift to support conscription because as it stands, much of the male population would likely hide or flee. This isn't a "the immigrants will go back to their countries if forced to join a military" point either. I'm also talking about natural born UK males.

morris

Superstar
Daps

giphy.gif

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is what a long dead empire looks like, so take notes tankies. Brexit has fukked them so much they'll never really matter on the global scale again unless they change course. You'd need a complete cultural shift to support conscription because as it stands, much of the male population would likely hide or flee. This isn't a "the immigrants will go back to their countries if forced to join a military" point either. I'm also talking about natural born UK males.

I don't think the Brits have to worry about conscription. It'll probably go nuclear before it gets to that point.