Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Daps
Only thing I wish Zelensky had done differently was get his family out of the country so they can't be threatened for his cooperation.

I get how the optics of the president's family leaving would have looked to the people and why he didn't want to do it....

But if his family wasn't there, Putin would only have 2 options. Demand he make an outrageous statement of surrender or put him on trial.

Now he has 3 options. That's why they stated earlier that the second main objective of the Russians is to capture Zelensky's family.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
mf4f6ly2sxj81.png

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s about if we were to directly attack Russian aircraft, we would have a war across Europe.

I have said continually for a long time, as has Britain, and the prime minister has supported this position, that Putin is not rational.

He is trying to invade Ukraine. He won’t stop after he’s ... with Ukraine. He will use everything in the Baltic states. He doesn’t believe the Baltic states are really countries.

And we will have to stand up to it. Now, I cannot trigger a European war and I won’t trigger a European war. But what I will do is help Ukraine fight every street with every piece of equipment we can get to them, and we will support them, and that is the reality.

In the first 24 hours of its invasion of Ukraine, Russia has not taken any of its major objectives and has lost more than 450 personnel, according to the defence secretary.

However, Ben Wallace told Sky News it was the government’s view that Vladimir Putin intends “to invade the whole of Ukraine”.

But he said Russia was “behind its hoped-for timetable” in the military action against its neighbour.

He said:

Our assessment, as of this morning, is that Russia has not taken any of its major objectives,” the defence secretary said.

In fact it’s behind its hoped-for timetable. They’ve lost over 450 personnel.

One of the significant airports they were trying to capture with their elite spetsnaz [special forces] has failed to be taken and, in fact, the Ukrainians have taken it back.

So I think, contrary to great Russian claims and indeed President Putin’s vision that somehow the Ukrainians would be liberated and would be flocking to his cause, he’s got that completely wrong.

And the Russian army has failed to deliver on day one its main objective.

UK politics live: Russia has failed to take key objectives in Ukraine invasion, says defence secretary

Last edited: