Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I actually kinda like prig. He's the only one over there that tells the truth on occasion.

And he's actually out there with his soldiers unlike the other Russian leaders. And he cane up from being a hot dog vendor of all things lol. Kinda rooting for him :ehh:
I don't care what happens in Russia, but I need Wagner out of Africa.

Him becoming the new leader just resets things to the 'nice Putin' days, with Oligarch money influencing everything and more white supremacy. Whatever comes after in Russia, I need a reset in Africa.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A senior aide to Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskiy has described the actions by Yevgeny Prigozhin as a “counter-terrorist operation” and said that “everything is just beginning in Russia”.

“The split between the elites is too obvious. Agreeing and pretending that everything is settled won’t work,” Reuters quoted Mykhailo Podolyak as tweeting on Saturday.

That's just beautiful fukkery right there. Keep them paranoid.

:mjgrin:

Marlow Stanfield

Superstar
Daps
Ooòowwweeee! Been gone from this thread for a minute, but with the counter offensive underway and this new shyt? Oh my my my my my....

Wagner has control of Rostov and control all roads in and out of the City. Wagner is moving with 25,000, with another 25,000 in "tactical reserve". Granted, the second sentence is accord9ng to Wagner. They definitely have Rostov, though.

Prigozhin is making it known that they won't fight the military unless they're fired upon. Hence why they shot down 2 helicopters tonight on the highway after being attacked. He's also making it know they ready to die :wow:

@Orbital-Fetus Moscow by Labor Day :wow:

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
I find it interesting Putin/Russia didn't take this guy Prigozhin out when he first started putting out statements to the media months ago

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Guardian with a brilliant summary in case anyone needs to get caught up.

Summary​

If you’re just joining us, here’s a roundup of all the latest major developments as Russian authorities accuse mercenary force leader Yevgeny Prigozhin of trying to start a “civil conflict”.

• The head of the Wagner mercenary group claims to have seized control of all military sites in the city of Rostov-on-Don and demanded that Russia’s military leadership come to him after accusing them of killing his forces. In videos posted on social media early on Saturday, Yevgeny Prigozhin claimed that he was at the headquarters of the Southern Military District (SMD) in Rostov and demanded that defence minister Sergei Shoigu and Russia’s top general Valery Gerasimov come to the city, 1,000km south of Moscow. The videos could not be verified.
  • Russian president Vladimir Putin will give a televised address soon, the Tass news agency cited the Kremlin as saying. Earlier, a spokesperson for the Kremlin, Dmitry Peskov, had said only that the president was receiving round-the-clock updates and that “all necessary measures are being taken.”
  • Russia’s defence ministry said in a statement addressed to Wagner fighters that they had been “deceived and dragged into a criminal adventure” by Prigozhin. In a statement posted on Telegram, the ministry urged them to contact its representatives and those of law enforcement services, and promised to guarantee their security.
  • Moscow mayor Sergei Sobyanin said anti-terrorist measures were being taken in the Russian capital, including additional checks on roads, to reinforce security. Authorities also said the M4 motorway, connecting Moscow with the south, was closed to traffic at the border with the Voronezh region due to the movement of a military convoy.
  • Russia’s FSB security service has opened a criminal case for armed mutiny against Prigozhin after the mercenary chief accused the Russian military of targeting his forces and vowed to “destroy” his rivals. In an extraordinary series of audio clips released late on Friday, Prigozhin claimed that a rocket attack in the Russian region of Rostov had killed scores of his fighters, vowing to take “revenge” and “stop the evil brought by the military leadership of the country”.
  • The FSB said Prigozhin’s statements and actions were “in fact a call to start an armed civil conflict on the territory of the Russian Federation and a stab in the back to Russian servicemen fighting pro-fascist Ukrainian forces”. It urged Wagner fighters “not to make irreparable mistakes, to stop any forceful actions against the Russian people, not to carry out the criminal and treacherous orders of Prigozhin, and to take measures to detain him”.
  • Early on Saturday, Prigozhin released another voice message in which he claimed, without offering evidence, that his forces had left Ukraine and were entering the southern Russian city of Rostov. “Right now we have crossed all the border points … The border guards greeted us and hugged our fighters. Now we are entering Rostov,” he said. “If anyone gets in our way, we will destroy everything … We extend our hand to everyone. We move forward, we are going all the way!”
  • Gen Sergei Surovikin, the deputy commander of Russia’s Ukraine campaign, released a video address ordering the mercenaries to remain loyal to Putin. “I urge you to stop,” said Surovikin, who was previously understood to be close to Prigozhin. “The enemy is just waiting for the internal political situation to worsen in our country.”
  • Earlier on Friday, Prigozhin had accused Moscow’s leadership of lying to the public about the justifications for invading Ukraine. He dismissed Moscow’s claims that Kyiv was planning to launch an offensive on the Russian-controlled territories in eastern Ukraine in February 2022. Prigozhin said: “The ministry of defence is trying to deceive the public and the president and spin the story that there was insane levels of aggression from the Ukrainian side and that they were going to attack us together with the whole Nato block.”
  • A senior aide to Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskiy described Prigozhin’s as a “counter-terrorist operation” and said that “everything is just beginning in Russia”. “The split between the elites is too obvious. Agreeing and pretending that everything is settled won’t work,” Mykhailo Podolyak tweeted. “Someone must definitely lose: either Prigozhin … or the collective ‘anti-Prygozhin’,”
  • The commander of Ukraine’s ground forces has confirmed for the first time that the main force of his offensive reserve is yet to be committed into battle with Russia, saying: “Everything is still ahead.” In an exclusive interview with the Guardian from a military base in east Ukraine, Col Gen Oleksandr Syrskyi said the Russian general staff had anticipated where Ukraine’s forces were at their most dangerous but issued a warning to the Kremlin that he was hunting down the lethal weakness in their lines.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Putin says in his address to the nation that as Russian president and commander of chief “I will do everything possible to defend my country”.

And those who have organised an armed rebellion will be held accountable. Those who have been drawn into this, I call on you to stop your criminal actions.
Yeah. shyt is real.
All those who went on the path of treason will be punished and will be held accountable. The armed forces have been given the necessary orders. What we’re facing now is treason. Personal interests have led to the betrayal of our country and the cause that our armed forces are fighting.

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Putin has said the Wagner rebellion is a “stab in the back” to Russia in his televised address.

In the emergency televised address on Saturday, Putin said that an “armed mutiny” by the Wagner Group mercenary force was treason, and that anyone who had taken up arms against the Russian military would be punished.

He said he would do everything to protect Russia, and that “decisive action” would be taken to stabilise the situation in Rostov-on-Don, a southern city where Wagner chief Yevgeny Prigozhin said his forces had taken control of all military installations

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
I don't care what happens in Russia, but I need Wagner out of Africa.

Him becoming the new leader just resets things to the 'nice Putin' days, with Oligarch money influencing everything and more white supremacy. Whatever comes after in Russia, I need a reset in Africa.
i got no love for russia, but wagner and them aren't there because they invaded. they were invited by dictators to murder their own people. eliminate wagner and those sadistic fukks are going to find new mercenaries to do the job.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I'm crying laughing at the thought of Putin supposedly launching the War in Ukraine on the basis of ridding Ukraine of Nazism, and his own Nazis fighting against him :laff:
Bruh they légit gonna take land of russia faster than they did ukraine if they get gully

Last edited: