Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree that Lula is fukking up here. He is viewing this through the lense of the Cold War era as well as knowing full well how the US has fukked over.... well, everyone south of the border with Mexico. All of Central and South America have been playgrounds for the CIA at the expense of the people who live there and real democracy taking hold.

Shout out to the School of the Americas that taught right wing military juntas to kill priests.

Shout out to Air America bringing cocaine from Nicaragua and who knows where else into the US.

Lula has very good reasons to say fukk the US but he is wrong on this one.

I understand what you’re trying to say but it’s wildly patronizing and to be honest this style of thinking plays a huge role in most of our foreign policy failures.

In the US we overestimate the extent to which historical grievances alone dictate current policy.

Countries like Brazil and India have no reason to go full bore one way or another. Their governments are trying to keep their heads and address internal issues that are keeping them from becoming world powers.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I agree that Lula is fukking up here. He is viewing this through the lense of the Cold War era as well as knowing full well how the US has fukked over.... well, everyone south of the border with Mexico. All of Central and South America have been playgrounds for the CIA at the expense of the people who live there and real democracy taking hold.

Shout out to the School of the Americas that taught right wing military juntas to kill priests.

Shout out to Air America bringing cocaine from Nicaragua and who knows where else into the US.

Lula has very good reasons to say fukk the US but he is wrong on this one.
You can't be mad at Lula staying neutral for the exact reasons you listed there. Lula isn't "wrong", he just doesn't want to side with the West even if it means not condemning Russia's invasion. BRICS are just playing geopolitics and following their own interests.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
I understand what you’re trying to say but it’s wildly patronizing and to be honest this style of thinking plays a huge role in most of our foreign policy failures.

In the US we overestimate the extent to which historical grievances alone dictate current policy.

Countries like Brazil and India have no reason to go full bore one way or another. Their governments are trying to keep their heads and address internal issues that are keeping them from becoming world powers.

I understand India's pragmatic worldview but Brazil has more than just internal issues that keep it from being a world power :mjlol:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand India's pragmatic worldview but Brazil has more than just internal issues that keep it from being a world power :mjlol:

Definitely the last couple years have been hectic but just a few years ago (early 2010s) Brazil started being swen as an emerging world power. Brazil is part of the G4 (along with Germany, India and Japan) - all of which share revolving seat in UN permanent security council. They dominate South America, have natural resources, 8th largest GDP etc.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You can't be mad at Lula staying neutral for the exact reasons you listed there. Lula isn't "wrong", he just doesn't want to side with the West even if it means not condemning Russia's invasion. BRICS are just playing geopolitics and following their own interests.
He always has the option of saying that he's focused on internal issues and not comment at all. :manny:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
He always has the option of saying that he's focused on internal issues and not comment at all. :manny:

Elaborate on this please.

Lula is a different creature. He harbors generational resentment against the US for many reasons, a few I listed earlier. Speaking as someone who fully supports US aid to Ukraine, I cannot bring myself to 100% shyt on Lula's pov. Like, I get it man but are you really gonna just
this-is-fine