Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
There’s some kind of psychological warfare going on.

Russia definitely giving signs it wants to wrap this up. Putin’s gas play in Europe didn’t work as planned.
When Zelenskyy went to Washington, that triggered Putin.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I read the Abrams can take diesel, JP8 and a fee other types of fuel.

It's a good reddit thread about the tank situation

I've read that as well about the fuel which sounds like a real negative not to mention shipping them and maintenance.

Germany re Leopards and some other European states that have been holding back need to get serious about bolstering Ukraine now especially and the other states most at risk of Russian aggression because this is an opportunity to nip this in the bud now.

The US has done a lot of heavy lifting and it's completely irrational to demand US tanks that really aren't appropriate when Europe have thousands available.

I've read there are thousands of 7-72s available in Europe as well but we all know they're junk and idk what the ammo situation is or what kind of shape they're in...

I'm reading now the British plan on retiring the majority of their Challenger 2's soon but that is only a couple of hundred tanks for Ukraine in the most generous scenarios

Last edited:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I've read that as well about the fuel which sounds like a real negative not to mention shipping them and maintenance.

Germany re Leopards and some other European states that have been holding back need to get serious about bolstering Ukraine now especially and the other states most at risk of Russian aggression because this is an opportunity to nip this in the bud now.

The US has done a lot of heavy lifting and it's completely irrational to demand US tanks that really aren't appropriate when Europe have thousands available.

I've read there are thousands of 7-72s available in Europe as well but we all know they're junk and idk what the ammo situation is or what kind of shape they're in...

I'm reading now the British plan on retiring the majority of their Challenger 2's soon but that is only a couple of hundred tanks for Ukraine in the most generous scenarios
Reading that Abrams might getting bogged down in the soft soil due to being pretty damn heavy.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Defense experts say Germany will find it hard to move very far or very fast in its efforts to bolster its military.

“Yes, we have committed to spending more on our security, but without any clear idea of exactly what it should be spent on or how it fits into a broader security strategy,” Mölling said.

Mölling also believes that German’s defense ambitions could be hamstrung by political will: “Careers have been built on the narrative that Germany is a peace-loving nation. The public mood is shifting and possibly at a tipping point, but it would be very hard to be the leader that drove to make Germany a leading player in European security.”

European officials and diplomats are pessimistic and think that the reality of German politics means it will ultimately continue resisting serious reform on defense.

Why Germany is struggling to stomach the idea of sending tanks to Ukraine | CNN

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Defense experts say Germany will find it hard to move very far or very fast in its efforts to bolster its military.

“Yes, we have committed to spending more on our security, but without any clear idea of exactly what it should be spent on or how it fits into a broader security strategy,” Mölling said.

Mölling also believes that German’s defense ambitions could be hamstrung by political will: “Careers have been built on the narrative that Germany is a peace-loving nation. The public mood is shifting and possibly at a tipping point, but it would be very hard to be the leader that drove to make Germany a leading player in European security.”

European officials and diplomats are pessimistic and think that the reality of German politics means it will ultimately continue resisting serious reform on defense.

Why Germany is struggling to stomach the idea of sending tanks to Ukraine | CNN

They need to step out of the shadow of their history without forgetting the lessons it has taught them. Germany must be feeling kinda schizophrenic right now. With that in mind, they need to tool up and bolster their ranks.

Russia is like a DBZ villain Fighting Vegeta while Gohan, Piccolo, Krillin and all the rest are standing around them in a circle in various states of
What's your favorite power-up moment from any series or film? : r/dbz
and
Fusion Dance GIFs | Tenor
Meanwhile, Goku is tossing senzu beans down Vegeta's throat and yelling at everyone to get ready to jump in.

Everything is stacked against Russia when you play this out.