Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Superstar
Daps
For the military people in here, what is the kill radius of a grenade or the ammo that Ukrainians drop from drones ?

More than what he can roll lol. But it depends on the kinds of grenades or charges used. Some are impact detonated, like the RKG’s and some have timed detonation. I’ve also seen them calculating drop height so that the fuse ends as it impacts or shortly after impact. The most useless part of the roll is the possibility of doing this in a trench or fighting hole. The shrapnel will just bounce around and/or the overpressure will concentrate. They can do all they can to try to mitigate but air dropped munitions are a nightmare no matter what you do. RKG’s are armor piercing so even most roof structures won’t matter.

Superstar
Daps
I'm not military but typical frag grenades have a kill radius of 15 ft and a blast radius of 50 ft.

We also had to guesstimate the 4 second fuse. That shyt used to scare me every time lol
yes-sweating.gif

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
More than what he can roll lol. But it depends on the kinds of grenades or charges used. Some are impact detonated, like the RKG’s and some have timed detonation. I’ve also seen them calculating drop height so that the fuse ends as it impacts or shortly after impact. The most useless part of the roll is the possibility of doing this in a trench or fighting hole. The shrapnel will just bounce around and/or the overpressure will concentrate. They can do all they can to try to mitigate but air dropped munitions are a nightmare no matter what you do. RKG’s are armor piercing so even most roof structures won’t matter.

So it ends up being more of a cope roll?

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
I can’t think of any better terms, but yes lol. The smarter thing to do would just lay flat as possible, unless it lands on you…. and pray that it’s a timed fuse.

I’ve read some of the drones can drop 2kgs of explosives. That’s significantly more damaging than these hand grenades right? Internal injuries even?

Superstar
Daps
I’ve read some of the drones can drop 2kgs of explosives. That’s significantly more damaging than these hand grenades right? Internal injuries even?
Yes some are AP/AT grenades but some are straight up improvised demo charges In aerodynamic casing. Also HE mortars. Demo charges and HE (depending on the explosive) can have a rapid, cutting effect that can’t be avoided. Just being too close will turn your insides to mush. It’s how our 155 arty and other area munitions (60mm and 120 mortars, etc.) work. If you’re in the area of effect, it’s most likely lethal.

Slower, pushing/crushing charges can break/smash you, also burst organs, and coagulate blood.

Last edited: