Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Russia in the death throes making all kinds of fukked up noises and squirming around. The pressure in Moscow must be palatable. Everybody looking around like
Nervous Sweat GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
In terms of people who have the means to remove Putin, I'd look at the founder of the Wagner Group (Yevgeny Prigozhin) or their commander, Dmitry Utkin.

Techniec

Drugs and Kalashnikovs
Daps
Reppin
W/S 416
Homie is talking about giving Crimea to Tatars. :dead:

I don't even know what this means. :why:

History, my friend

Crimea belongs to the Tatars/Turks. They were ethnically cleansed by the Russians who held it for centuries before Kruschev handed it to the Ukrainian SSR.

Based on history and history alone, Russia has a valid claim to Crimea. If these idiots kept it there, there wouldn't be any issues. One of the many reasons, the West fell back in 2014.

Crimea was the one place in Ukraine you actually probably would've got a YES consensus to joining Russia pre all this fukkery truth be told

But Russia Gon Russia and now they're gonna lose Crimea too

:heh:

As for the rest of my comment

2) I meant that Russian presence in Europe needs to be wiped out, these Soviet era anomalies need to go.

However in both cases we have significant demographic shifts, which means in this hypothetical, if Russian removal is priority, then the only basis upon which you would allocate that area is territorial contiguity etc

Kaliningrad is a German city through and through historically, but Polands three century indirect rule prior to Prussia's reconquering of the area prior to the Soviets, and it being next door makes them the best candidate to take it

:manny:

Transnistria is interesting, yah you could leave it with Moldova, but Moldovas future is west with Romania...that's a small sliver Ukraine can have, takes their border up to the river...

Seems about right