Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
It’s a combat application (CAT) tourniquet. In US line units they’re carried by everyone. Most unit SOP’s have 1 per Joe in a visibly exposed place so that it can be easily found and applied by whoever is assisting you, or yourself under duress. I gave my guys 2 per person to store in a leg cargo pocket and their shoulder pocket on the right side. As their medic, I also kept a shytload in a pouch on my plate carrier. Typically the open storage is using rubber bands, the Velcro on the tourniquet, or a dedicated loop to hold it.

These idiots saw pictures of Americans doing it over the years and decided to use zip ties that can’t be broken by hand. Now they have to waste precious time bleeding to find something to cut it away and apply it to an extremity. I’ve also seen, from their own videos, that they’re treating patients with our old Vietnam medical doctrine using half assed pressure dressings to try and stop arterial bleeds on extremities smh.

It’s no wonder they’re probably going into this winter with 60,000+ KIA. Extremity bleeds account for most combat deaths in a crazy disproportionate way. It’s what kept our death’s relatively low in Iraq and Afghanistan. Most western countries learned this from our medical data post Vietnam. Russia saw and said “nahfukkallat”.

16_0f3ecae7-9215-4807-9cca-68afe11a2bb1_1445x.jpg

Staff%20Sgt.%20Bruce%20Petitt%2C%203rd%20Brigade%20Combat%20Team%2C%20

4bmzk422i4y81.png

2.jpg

1.jpg
Really glad I took that Combat LifeSaver course a couple weeks ago:wow:.

Now I know how to apply a tourniquet, and give a Chest Seal & Needle-D:wow:.