Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I spent a little time as a medic in an artillery battalion. Once the wheels are up, and it’s leaned over, a single gun team can push and pull these things around. It’s even cooler to see helicopters sling-load them. Most places just tow them. Everyone seemed happy after the change from the 105’s to the 777’s… especially after the Excalibur rounds
I understand half of what you said. 105's, 777's and Excaliburs are artillery rounds, can you explain the differences?

Guided artillery has change the whole game, I can't believe how accurate they are now.

Superstar
Daps
I understand half of what you said. 105's, 777's and Excaliburs are artillery rounds, can you explain the differences?

Guided artillery has change the whole game, I can't believe how accurate they are now.

The 105mm is an artillery round size. We also called the guns that fired them “105’s”. Just smaller and more mobile, but lacking compared to the reach of the newer “triple 7” artillery guns which fired 155mm which is the same size of the excalibur guided rounds. People bytched about the changes around 2009-2012 but really ended up liking the 777’s because of how versatile they were. I think all of our light and heavy BCT’s are Excalibur capable.