Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
I dunno, but if Putin strikes any country outside of Ukraine, that would DEFINITELY set off WW3 in my opinion.

He laid groundwork, as false and full of crap as it is, to invade Ukraine.

If he makes any move outside of that, then the "potential" parallels between him and Hitler are no longer potential. It would mean that he is trying to expand the Russian empire. It would mean that he has truly gone mad.

NATO would have to respond, in my opinion.
Still not sure NATO would do anything on the ground wise unless it would be one of the major European countries like Germany but Putin wouldn’t be that stupid

Daps
Let's see if Taiwan gets the same treatment.

There's some very interesting conversations going on there. You would think that this would set the precedent for China to take Taiwan, but so far, the Chinese have hinted that it's just the opposite.

Russia's recognition of Luhansk and Donetsk actually worried some in China, because that means that a foreign nation might decide to recognize Taiwan as its own autonomous nation or territory.

Daps
This isn't a video game NATO doesn't want a confrontation with Russia.

The average American doesn't want to send their son to die for Ukraine.

I know this. but if Putin shows that he's gone crazy, there are going to be some very hard conversations happening throughout NATO. And attacking anything outside of Ukraine would show that he has indeed gone crazy.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Let's see if Taiwan gets the same treatment.

I think the Chinese are more savvy than that but it's possible(it is their official position that Taiwan doesn't exist) also their neighbors are equally worried about being dominated by China in the same manner so idk... I think it's even more touch than Ukraine