Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high

Cool if it happens. @ me when they do it.

I'm not following the day-to-day cause both sides misinform.

When meaningful ground is actually gained or loss lmk.

As of rn I say Russia is winning because Ukraine lost control of a third of their country and most of their access to the seas. Taking back Crimea would be impressive af :ehh:

voiture

Superstar
Daps
Cool if it happens. @ me when they do it.

I'm not following the day-to-day cause both sides misinform.

When meaningful ground is actually gained or loss lmk.

As of rn I say Russia is winning because Ukraine lost control of a third of their country and most of their access to the seas. Taking back Crimea would be impressive af :ehh:
When has a bigger army almost not taken territory when invading a smaller army? This was never in question....
Can they take the capital? Because as long that is standing, it doesn't matter how much territory they take. It's still a loss.

The world's second 'best' military cannot subdue a country in their own backyard?

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
When has a bigger army almost not taken territory when invading a smaller army? This was never in question....
Can they take the capital? Because as long that is standing, it doesn't matter how much territory they take. It's still a loss.

The world's second 'best' military cannot subdue a country in their own backyard?
america could split its focus and take canada and mexico at the same time. from here on out i'll assume that china has the 2nd "best" military until they show their ass like russia did.

edit: for the bu bu bu vietnam, iraq and afghanistan folks. i'm talking about annexation (russia style), not failed nation building.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
i heard somebody talking about Crimea by October...
gj5nawm.png

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
the influx of weapons, intel and $$$ to Ukraine is not going to stop. it really is just a matter of time imo unless Europe completely folds under Russian "demands". looking at this as a zero sum game, i gotta say that i like Ukraine in the medium to long term.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת

The Russian central bank has printed a new hundred-ruble banknote, but banks have asked that it not be put into circulation at least until April. The reason is simple, no ATM in Russia can recognise the new banknote.

This is because every ATM is manufactured in the West, and since those companies have withdrawn from Russia, there is no one left to adjust the software for the new banknote.
Blue strip ruble on the way...

From nails to banking software, everything is unavailable in Russia. Even salt: in the middle of the aggression against Ukraine, Russians realised that they only produced 60% of their domestic needs and that they imported the rest – mostly from Ukraine.

The research debunked Russian lies. For example, in March, the Kremlin predicted (fabricated data) that despite the sanctions, it would earn much more from oil and gas than a year ago, due to rising prices, and that forecast was taken for granted by the biggest media authorities in the West, such as Bloomberg and famous journalist Fareed Zakaria.

In May, however, it turned out that revenues from oil and gas had been halved, and Moscow stopped publishing data on earnings from its most important products.

Russia irreversibly lost its position as a strategic exporter of raw materials. It turned out that its dependence on the European market is much greater than Europe’s needs for its raw materials. Russia cannot compensate for the departure of Western companies and technologies, as companies that made up as much as 40% of its GDP have left.

A lot of smoke and mirrors...

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
when obama said russia doesn't produce anything, i thought it was more like "they don't produce anything that we use." but these fukkers don't even produce the things they use. they move geopolitically like they're self-sufficient.

Last edited: