Russia's Invasion of Ukraine (Official Thread)

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
The sanctions aren't really working.

Depends on what indicators are being used. I see a lot of mixed messaging on this and a lot of it seems to be based on the what indicators are being used to determine sanction effectiveness.

The effect of sanctions are rarely felt immediately, they're usually felt long term. A couple things that people on both sides agree on is that inflation is quickly rising in the Russian economy and a lot of their national firms are late on wage payments.

So take those 2 facts for what you will.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I don't think Ukraine even has a battleship for Naval efforts of any kind, so Russian Navy getting attacked by Ukraine brehs in dinghys and intertubes.

To be honest, there are rumors that if we ever get in a war with China in the South China Sea our navy could be wasted even though China has comparatively meager naval forces. Land-based missile attacks on ships are becoming more and more accurate while also being difficult to counter.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
You've gone from "off-base contrarian" to "full-on weirdo" in just a few weeks.

I said "could" not "should".

The US being directly implicated in the killing of Russian generals is a provocative thing.

They could lash out in equally provocative ways nothing "weird" about that take.