Russian Doll is incredible!

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
i started season 2 and i really don't have any idea why she's on some Quantum Leap shyt still. I'm sure it was fully explained at some point in season 1, but yeah.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just wrapped up season 2. Tbf, I only started watching the first season last week so I didn't have a lot of pent up hope for season 2 like those who were waiting patiently.

I thought it was a cool second season. I think the time traveling felt a bit excessive after a while. To me, the appeal of the first season wasn't about the time traveling as much as the ability to jump back and forth between witty dialogue and existential questions about life to just flippant/copious drug usage and fornication.

With season two, there wasn't depth into the theory behind the time travel (Stranger Things) or a deep-dive into the complexities of time-travel and alternate universes (Dark) so it just felt like a Scooby Doo mystery after a while.

It seemed meta for Alan to state that every time travel movie tells you not to fukk with the past, yet we as the viewer still have to sit through and watch the protagonist find out what we already know. The concept of someone stealing themselves and trying to raise themselves seems nonsensical and incestuous and felt like a weak plot point or scenario for the character to try at all. I would've shot that shyt down in the writer's room if I were there.

The main thought-provoking aspect for the season was seeing things from the perspective of the schizophrenic mother fwiw

Also tho, I was laughing that Alan was walking around like a bad bytch in Germany. For most of season one, his anal-retentive neat-freak tendencies and his reservedness and over-the-top disdain for the dude fukking Beatrice came across as someone struggling with his sexuality

Last edited:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
On episode 5 of season 2

I literally hate this shyt

But i loved season 1

I swear her acting is 10 times more annoying in season 2

Idk if im tripping
But she comes off like she just got out of acting school and a try hard with this over done sarcastic female Woody Allen character for a cheesy sketch for Saturday Night Live

Also

The plot for s2 is fukking stupid and convoluted

Skeptic

Superstar
Daps
Maybe there's a story in there somewhere. I should've paid more attention.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Season 2 is good to me. Its oblivious the show is about confronting generation grief with a sci fi twist. I like nastashas acting but her voice i can see that makes people annoyed