RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
It took me 10 minutes to post thisessgae wtf is going on.

Noah

All Star
Daps
Just had a conversation of sorts with a buddy of mine who is "independent," not the most well informed but he's more or less in the right place. It's a dog eat dog world so Imma get mine, government/police just stay outta my shyt kinda guy. But something stuck with me about how image and "winning" look to people who aren't following everything that's happening on a daily basis.

Him: "... I liked Bernie because he wanted money out of politics and money runs the gvt and not the people. But Trump is a good businessman, he's running the gvt well and he's doing better than a lot of people thought he would and they don't like to admit it"

Me: ":francis: He went bankrupt like 6 times and doesn't pay back loans, dude is a terrible businessman"

Him: "It's not about how you play the game, it's how you win
PgQIBECAPic_z62SDYgBd1C2tLi2SYtYI34UJk8MWhO2ChHm1yNTD6PN8a0fwJz10U22u_RH-M6AUkZDONoiYWxksqxGCwZM77B-Nug2TZ9iojYkL8SQlwjhB0QqHDV3LsBf0a4t
"

Me: ":brehwhat: So you're telling me he's not fit to be president because he doesn't play by the rules"

Him: "....."

shyt baffled me like bro you know better:cmonman: governance is not an ends justify the means kind of game and Trump doesn't actually have a winning track record. He is unspeakably harmful to democracy but he "won" and that's the important thing and we should just go with it. A better educated populace would've snuffed him out from the get go but he exploited a flaw in American culture (as I don't think collusion by itself would've won him the presidency). It's kinda fascinating but I want off this ride :damn: glad these Cohen recordings and Emoluments Clause violations are coming back to haunt him because you can only pass off a counterproductive farmer bailout (as opposed to actually trying to end the stupid trade war you started that got us here to begin with) and a dictator-style parade as victories for so long. July 1120th:wow:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Remember when the news was boring as fukk ?

shyt been nonstop bombs for 2 + years now

It's exasperating. I can only take it in reasonable doses...i mainly just watch during the day when I can and move to something else at night when they mostly retread topics

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Just had a conversation of sorts with a buddy of mine who is "independent," not the most well informed but he's more or less in the right place. It's a dog eat dog world so Imma get mine, government/police just stay outta my shyt kinda guy. But something stuck with me about how image and "winning" look to people who aren't following everything that's happening on a daily basis.

Him: "... I liked Bernie because he wanted money out of politics and money runs the gvt and not the people. But Trump is a good businessman, he's running the gvt well and he's doing better than a lot of people thought he would and they don't like to admit it"

Me: ":francis: He went bankrupt like 6 times and doesn't pay back loans, dude is a terrible businessman"

Him: "It's not about how you play the game, it's how you win
PgQIBECAPic_z62SDYgBd1C2tLi2SYtYI34UJk8MWhO2ChHm1yNTD6PN8a0fwJz10U22u_RH-M6AUkZDONoiYWxksqxGCwZM77B-Nug2TZ9iojYkL8SQlwjhB0QqHDV3LsBf0a4t
"

Me: ":brehwhat: So you're telling me he's not fit to be president because he doesn't play by the rules"

Him: "....."

shyt baffled me like bro you know better:cmonman: governance is not an ends justify the means kind of game and Trump doesn't actually have a winning track record. He is unspeakably harmful to democracy but he "won" and that's the important thing and we should just go with it. A better educated populace would've snuffed him out from the get go but he exploited a flaw in American culture (as I don't think collusion by itself would've won him the presidency). It's kinda fascinating but I want off this ride :damn: glad these Cohen recordings and Emoluments Clause violations are coming back to haunt him because you can only pass off a counterproductive farmer bailout (as opposed to actually trying to end the stupid trade war you started that got us here to begin with) and a dictator-style parade as victories for so long. July 1120th:wow:

Obviously, this mindset has long been a part of our capitalism and image based society, but I do think younger generations, and my own (age 32) are increasingly using "image" and "status" to excuse any behavior ....any at all. I had a girl say to me she respected Melania Trump because he was an immigrant and she showed that an immigrant can become the first lady, of course I said, "Are you aware she has done absolutely NOTHING respectable to get there, she is simply a model who dated and married a repulsive rich man"?

She didn't care. It was the status that mattered. And tie that directly to people posting on SM for likes, it doesn't matter how they paid for the bottles, or the trip, or whether they paid at all, or what their personal finances are like the image above all. It is not only scary, and idiotic, it is dangerous.