RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
He still hasn't addressed "horrible" "dishonest' "liddle" Eminem has he?

Commented on Mark Cuban talking about a run?

Threw anybody under the bus while simultaneously applauding the decision to basically hire 2 guys and a truck to restore power in PR?

:patrice:

Probably just too busy watching faux on dvr
He's been quick on the replies if it's a black person though. :wow:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
He still hasn't addressed "horrible" "dishonest' "liddle" Eminem has he?

Commented on Mark Cuban talking about a run?

Threw anybody under the bus while simultaneously applauding the decision to basically hire 2 guys and a truck to restore power in PR?

:patrice:

Probably just too busy watching faux on dvr

He's been quick on the replies if it's a black person though. :wow:

couldn't be more obvious.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
plz explain.
If Mercer is as involved as many articles claim him to be, I have no doubt he is a great influence. He is one of the world's best researchers and practicers in Natural Language Processing, and Speech Recognition. Put two and two together.

Last edited:

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
If Mercer is as involved as many articles claim him to be, I have no doubt he is a great threat. He is one of the world's best researchers and practicers in Natural Language Processing, and Speech Recognition. Put two and two together.

i have no idea who he is.
i'm gonna have to do some research.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i have no idea who he is.
i'm gonna have to do some research.
Very brief summary from ACL Web:

Robert L. Mercer receives the 2014 ACL Lifetime Achievement Award | ACL Member Portal

Arriving at IBM's Thomas J. Watson Research Center in 1972, Bob Mercer took a chance in signing up to work in a new research group focusing on speech recognition. Rather than emphasizing the linguistic understanding of speech, the group advocated probabilistic and information theoretic approaches. Despite their lack of linguistic background, the group in rapid succession produced breakthrough after breakthrough in various areas of computational linguistics, including few statistical approaches in speech recognition, developing some of the first large probabilistic language models, and finally pioneering the use of statistical approaches to machine translation, the problem of translating from one language to another.

Bob Mercer and colleagues forcefully demonstrated the power of big data approaches to language problems, decades before the term “big data” was invented, and at a time when computers were orders of magnitude less powerful, and big data work was difficult and slow to do, even at one of the world’s premier technology companies. But the impact of their work was revolutionary: The probabilistic approaches to computational linguistics that Bob and colleagues pioneered now dominate the field of machine translation, and provide the underpinning of many of the tools that people now regularly use, such as speech recognizers on mobile phones, context-sensitive spelling correction, and web-based machine translation systems.

He did 20 years of research at IBM Watson. Jim Simons, one of the greatest and richest living mathematicians hires away Mercer and Peter Brown (the other genius and Co-CEO who is the exact opposite of Mercer politically) and several of their associates to his hedge fund, which is today known as the greatest hedge fund of all time.

These guys seamlessly transitioned from NLP, ML, and Speech Recognition research at IBM Watson and applied it at Jim Simons' hedge fund. Simons retired and let them run the show. No one in the investment world is fukking with these guys. They are world class researchers. No one knew this guy before Trump won.

Last edited: