RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
#SoftPower :mjgrin:

Russian Science in Crisis, Says New Academy of Sciences Chief
Russian Science in Crisis, Says New Academy of Sciences Chief
bfba239323ae4d4d85cd35d1084b07fc.jpg

Alexander Sergeyev, director of the Institute of Applied Physics of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Anton Novoderezhkin / TASS)
Russian science is in crisis, according to the new head of the country’s Academy of Sciences.

The physicist Alexander Sergeyev was approved by President Vladimir Putin as the academy’s new president after his election late last month.

In an interview published Monday by the Rossiyskaya Gazeta newspaper, Sergeyev said that both the academy and Russian leadership should understand that “science today is in crisis.”

“Sometimes voices are heard saying that everything isn’t so bad, that our scientists are published more and more — this is wishful thinking,” he said.

Sergeyev named a sharp drop in invitations for Russian papers at international academic conferences and fewer high-level publications on Russia-based research as two indicators of the crisis.

One of the main reasons for the state’s inability to properly fund the sciences is that it invests heavily in business, said the new Academy of Sciences president.

“Thus our science fell into a sort of ‘valley of death,’" he said. Sergeyev recommended implementing three value levels: a level of understanding, a level of competitiveness, and a level of leadership.

Sergeyev's predecessor told Putin last year that Russian science risked falling behind Iran, after China, India and Brazil overtook Russia in the past two decades.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:TeyonahLMAO::Obamalaughing:

:mindblown:

Trump proposes ‘IQ tests’ face-off with Tillerson after secretary of state calls him a ‘moron’

Trump proposes ‘IQ tests’ face-off with Tillerson after secretary of state calls him a ‘moron’
imrs.php

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, right, looks on as President Trump speaks at a luncheon during the U.N. General Assembly on Sept. 21 in New York. (Evan Vucci/Associated Press)
President Trump proposed an “IQ tests” face-off with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson after the nation's top diplomat reportedly called the president a “moron” and disparaged his grasp on foreign policy.

In an interview with Forbes magazine published Tuesday, Trump fired a shot at Tillerson over the “moron” revelation, first reported by NBC News and confirmed by several other news organizations, including The Washington Post.

“I think it's fake news,” Trump said, “but if he did that, I guess we'll have to compare IQ tests. And I can tell you who is going to win.”

Trump's challenge is the latest evidence of what White House officials have described as a breach of trust between the president and the secretary of state.

[‘Death spiral’: Tillerson makes nice but may not last long with Trump]

Reporters asked Trump over the weekend about his relationship with Tillerson.

Play Video 1:04

Trump comments on his relationships with Tillerson, Kelly

President Trump said on Saturday, Oct. 7 he has a good relationship with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. Trump also said his White House Chief of Staff John Kelly is "one of the best people" he has ever worked with. (Reuters)

“We have a very good relationship,” Trump said Saturday. “We disagree on a couple of things. Sometimes I'd like him to be a little bit tougher. But other than that, we have a very good relationship.”

Trump plans to meet for lunch Tuesday with Tillerson and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis in the president's private dining room at the White House.

In the Forbes interview, for the magazine's cover under the headline “Inside Trump's Head,” the president teases upcoming economic-development legislation “nobody knows about” that would penalize companies that move operations overseas and offer incentives for those that stay in the United States.

Trump previewed what he called “an economic-development bill, which I think will be fantastic. Which nobody knows about. Which you are hearing about for the first time.” The president said the policy is “both a carrot and a stick.”

Trump also told Forbes that he has purposefully not filled many jobs throughout the federal government, including at the State Department, where many of the top positions remain vacant.

“I'm generally not going to make a lot of the appointments that would normally be — because you don't need them,” Trump said. “I mean, you look at some of these agencies, how massive they are, and it's totally unnecessary. They have hundreds of thousands of people.”

Remember...Trump is a bit of a Eugenicist :mjpls:

@DonKnock @SJUGrad13 @88m3 @Menelik II @wire28 @smitty22 @Reality @fact @Hood Critic @ExodusNirvana @Blessed Is the Man @THE MACHINE @OneManGang @dtownreppin214 @JKFrazier @tmonster @blotter @BigMoneyGrip @Soymuscle Mike @Grano-Grano @.r.