RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Uncle Kingpin

No Relation
Daps
FB needs to be dealt with but I think it has become a sort of too-big-to-fail giant and will escape this fairly unscathed. There's too much money invested and the gen public, as they obviously have demonstrated by believing in whatever BS they see on FB, are neither smart nor engaged enough to give a shyt. With its sheer size, Trump being in WH and Peter Thiel and Yuri Milner still going strong, I just don't see an equal counter force that will correct this problem.
I think the precedent has already been set for what to do. When a monopoly or duopoly have power that conflicts with national interests then the feds will eventually get involved. The "too big to fail" premise is only invoked for companies with a shared national interest. In the near future I think they will be broken up like Bell or Standard Oil into regions. Ex - Facebook California, Google New York.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
POMPEO IS IN LINE TO REPLACE TILLERSON!!!!

Scoop: CIA director Pompeo considered to replace Tillerson

Trump advisers and allies are floating the idea of replacing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson with CIA Director Mike Pompeo, age 53 — someone who's already around the table in the Situation Room, and could make the switch without chaos.

• We're told that Trump is quite comfortable with Pompeo, asking his advice on topics from immigration to the inner workings of Congress.
  • Pompeo personally delivers the President's Daily Brief, making him one of the few people Trump spends a great deal of time with on a daily basis.
  • Pompeo is one of the few in the administration who knows how to convey tough news to the president, and how to push back without turning DJT off. (SecDef Mattis is good at that, too.)
  • Trump doesn't see Pompeo as a showboat.
  • Pompeo would take the job, as the cap to a career that included being a U.S. House member from Kansas.
  • Pompeo would have credibility with world leaders, who'd know he was a legit part of the president's inner circle — something no one thinks about Tillerson.
Sources tell us Trump recognizes that a Cabinet shuffle would bring bad press. White House Chief of Staff John Kelly wants stability, and so is discouraging high-level departures before next year.

And yet, insiders say Trump's relationship with Tillerson is broken beyond repair. We're told Trump was furious that Tillerson didn't try to blunt the story about him calling the president a "moron," by just going out and denying it (whether or not it actually occurred).

• After what Trump considered a strong trip to Vegas, he seethed when he got back and saw Tillerson's gaffe dominating cable-news coverage. Everywhere he flipped, there was Tillerson's face instead of his.
  • The relationship is so toxic, sources tell Jonathan Swan and me, that few in the White House think it can be rebuilt. There's zero trust between the West Wing and the State Department.
  • NBC, which broke the "moron" story, said the chief of staff "abruptly scrapped plans to travel with ... Trump on Wednesday so he could try to contain his boss's fury."
Be smart: The breakdown in the relationship between a president and the Secretary of State has profound effects on American statecraft and the way foreign countries view this administration.

@DonKnock @SJUGrad13 @88m3 @Menelik II @wire28 @smitty22 @Reality @fact @Hood Critic @ExodusNirvana @Blessed Is the Man @THE MACHINE @OneManGang @dtownreppin214 @JKFrazier @tmonster @blotter @BigMoneyGrip @Soymuscle Mike @Grano-Grano @.r.

scarhead

All Star
Daps
I think the precedent has already been set for what to do. When a monopoly or duopoly have power that conflicts with national interests then the feds will eventually get involved. The "too big to fail" premise is only invoked for companies with a shared national interest. In the near future I think they will be broken up like Bell or Standard Oil into regions. Ex - Facebook California, Google New York.

I agree. I'm just pessimistic in that really happening. Hope I'm wrong.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
It literally is one of the largest companies in the world by market cap so by default a lot of people will benefit from it staying the course than going into a thorough course correction. That and its user base is in the billions and largely ambivalent/ignorant of the issue as long as they can post their baby and puppy photos. Plus the admin doesn't want to shed light on the role FB has played in the election so its shieded from that as well.

Nothing you said makes sense :mjlol: by market cap ?:mjlol: User base in the billions ?:mjlol: Just say you mis spoke :mjlol:

Then you got nikkas dappin you , y'all some fukking idiots . So we should impeach the president for working with Russia, but not shut down the company who helped them ?:hhh:

Y'all nikka post all day about locking Trump and his boys up , but FACEBOOK , who worked on their behalf is to big to :usure:

Now your saying Trump doesn't want to shed light on Facebook role in the election :mjlol:

This is why Hillary lost . She got y'all nikkas all fukked in the head :russ:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
POMPEO IS IN LINE TO REPLACE TILLERSON!!!!

Trump advisers and allies are floating the idea of replacing Secretary of State Rex Tillerson with CIA Director Mike Pompeo, age 53 — someone who's already around the table in the Situation Room, and could make the switch without chaos.

• We're told that Trump is quite comfortable with Pompeo, asking his advice on topics from immigration to the inner workings of Congress.
  • Pompeo personally delivers the President's Daily Brief, making him one of the few people Trump spends a great deal of time with on a daily basis.
  • Pompeo is one of the few in the administration who knows how to convey tough news to the president, and how to push back without turning DJT off. (SecDef Mattis is good at that, too.)
  • Trump doesn't see Pompeo as a showboat.
  • Pompeo would take the job, as the cap to a career that included being a U.S. House member from Kansas.
  • Pompeo would have credibility with world leaders, who'd know he was a legit part of the president's inner circle — something no one thinks about Tillerson.
Sources tell us Trump recognizes that a Cabinet shuffle would bring bad press. White House Chief of Staff John Kelly wants stability, and so is discouraging high-level departures before next year.

And yet, insiders say Trump's relationship with Tillerson is broken beyond repair. We're told Trump was furious that Tillerson didn't try to blunt the story about him calling the president a "moron," by just going out and denying it (whether or not it actually occurred).

• After what Trump considered a strong trip to Vegas, he seethed when he got back and saw Tillerson's gaffe dominating cable-news coverage. Everywhere he flipped, there was Tillerson's face instead of his.
  • The relationship is so toxic, sources tell Jonathan Swan and me, that few in the White House think it can be rebuilt. There's zero trust between the West Wing and the State Department.
  • NBC, which broke the "moron" story, said the chief of staff "abruptly scrapped plans to travel with ... Trump on Wednesday so he could try to contain his boss's fury."
Be smart: The breakdown in the relationship between a president and the Secretary of State has profound effects on American statecraft and the way foreign countries view this administration.

@DonKnock @SJUGrad13 @88m3 @Menelik II @wire28 @smitty22 @Reality @fact @Hood Critic @ExodusNirvana @Blessed Is the Man @THE MACHINE @OneManGang @dtownreppin214 @JKFrazier @tmonster @blotter @BigMoneyGrip @Soymuscle Mike @Grano-Grano @.r.

N1gga, if u dont put my name back on the subscription list. :damn:

scarhead

All Star
Daps
Nothing you said makes sense :mjlol: by market cap ?:mjlol: User base in the billions ?:mjlol: Just say you mis spoke :mjlol:

Then you got nikkas dappin you , y'all some fukking idiots . So we should impeach the president for working with Russia, but not shut down the company who helped them ?:hhh:

Y'all nikka post all day about locking Trump and his boys up , but FACEBOOK , who worked on their behalf is to big to :usure:

Now your saying Trump doesn't want to shed light on Facebook role in the election :mjlol:

This is why Hillary lost . She got y'all nikkas all fukked in the head :russ:

step your reading comprehension game up. No more going back and forth with you from this point on. Have a nice weekend.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

There's a world of a difference between what you think should happen and what can actually happen.

Dude actually makes sense. Post Enron people didn't really care that Arthur Andersen was given the death penalty because 1) they were involved in a serious criminal conspiracy and 2) let's be honest, no one gives a fuk about accountants.

Now, if FB was found to have been working hand in glove as part of the Russian conspiracy then all bets are off. But absent that I don't think you're going to find politicians out there calling for FB's demise. Wouldn't be surprised if Zuck steps down and Sandberg takes over. Maybe that will take some heat off.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
OR are they being targeted because they took approx $100,000 from someone looking to buy ad space, and didn't thoroughly vet the source? If so, how does that fall on Zuckeberg? Again, I'm not defending anything, just looking for some clarification. Serious replies only please.
I'm not completely sure myself but I think the issue is that Facebook took money and allowed a foreign entity to post propaganda ads to American citizens. These ads were know by facebook to be false information and they did noting.

The worst part is that Facebook allowing the foreign entity to use Facebook's algorithms, made it easy for them to know who to target with the propaganda.

Imagine voters in swing states, seeing nothing but negative and fake news about Hillary during the election on facebook.

It would be like if hitler was allowed to pay money to legally have nazi propaganda printed in American news papers.

Last edited:

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
CNN's Bernstein: 'The wheels are coming off the presidency'

He said there’s a sense from “people in the White House and Republicans on Capitol Hill” that “the wheels are coming off the presidency.”

He added that those closest to the president, including White House chief of staff John Kelly and leaders of the military, are trying to “constrain the president from his own inclinations to say wild things, to act irresponsibly.”
“It’s almost as if there’s a protector around the president. He’s constantly complaining, going into rages about the [Russia] investigation, about disloyalty among his aides. It’s an extraordinary situation, unlike anything I have seen in 50 years in Washington,” Bernstein said.