RUSSIA/РОССИЯ THREAD—ASSANGE CHRGD W/ SPYING—DJT IMPEACHED TWICE-US TREASURY SANCTS KILIMNIK AS RUSSIAN AGNT

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
full

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
So when Comey testifies under oath that Trump obstructed justice, which is going to be the more utilized deflection:

- Comey's just mad because he got fired (ignoring the fact that Comey knew he was going to eventually be fired).
or
- This is all part of a complex Obama plot to punish Trump for winning.

People's defense of #TrumpRussia is more complex, ridiculous, unreal, and has way more coincidences than the actual Russia story :russ:

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He will say that he interpreted the requests in a way that led him to believe Trump wanted him to prematurely close the investigation but no way he will use the phrase "obstructed justice" or anything similar. Also he will respond with the "can't comment on an ongoing investigation", "I don't feel it's appropriate", and "answering that question may cause me to reveal classified information" on many of the hot button questions.

My sense is that he's only publicly testifying to get his interpretation of the meetings out there as that relates most directly to his personal handling of the investigation. Comey is a "good guy" and wants Trump gone but if he could've accomplished that while keeping the public in the dark about all of the details he would have. Remember he is an institutionalist.