Russell Simmons Tells Black People To Stop 'Attacking' Him & His Friends Over Rape Claims

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Russell Simmons has hit back at people criticizing him over his alleged history of rape and sexual assault, as well as famous friends such as Usher and Taraji P. Henson for visiting him in Bali where he currently lives.

Speaking on Instagram Live, the Def Jam co-founder specifically addressed Black people over what he sees as unwarranted backlash aimed at both himself and his celebrity pals.

“Black people, did you forget that I got 10,000 Black men out of jail? And that I changed the factory farming industry forever? And that I registered more of you to vote than probably anybody you know?” he asked, touting his involvement in social justice initiatives.

“And I worked for Black Lives Matter and every movement that’s helped our people — all the women’s rights and even gay rights movements that I did so much work for.”

Simmons then attacked those who have been critical of various stars continuing to associate with him despite the allegations: “To let them demonize me in such a way that my friends cannot visit me without you attacking them, but yet you stand next to Donald Trump. Knock it off.”

The 66-year-old also denied that he was hiding in Bali to avoid prosecution: “I’ll be in New York next week. This idea that I’m hiding is stupid. I call the paparazzi on myself everytime I’m there […] Are you under some kind of tricknology? Are you lost? I’m your friend, Black people.”

Simmons went on to double down on his denial regarding the rape allegations: “Still to date, I have never spoken to a policeman about anything. I have never spoken to a judge, civil or criminal, about anything. From what I can tell, Joe Biden, Bill Clinton and President Trump all have more credible claims against them than I do, if you ask Oprah.

“Again, I’ve never been charged with anything. Who took nine lie detector tests, seven of which were from the chairman of the Polygraph Association? Did Bill Clinton do that? Did Joe Biden do that? Did President Trump do that? Knock it off.”

• Wow
Reactions: Rn.

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Let him and his friends @Kasper KArr rape and joke about it in peace please

Cease all investigations, diddy is innocent
So business can run as usual
Innit

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Russell is smart…

I wouldn’t have took that chance in this era.

They already got R. Kelly and Cosby and they’re about to go down the list. Harvey Weinstein too.

All that debauchery in the 80s and 90s-2010s is coming back to haunt folks.

If you’re a black man in Hollywood, get your money and go home and stop hanging with those folks because they’ll let you act a donkey and have some dirt on you.

With that being said, Russell needs to do his yoga poses in Bali and stay off social media.