Rumor: Silver Surfer show in the works?

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
There’s a lot of history they can explore. An origins story set on Zenn-La that explores @Norrin Radd the man. Bring in his sacrifice to become @Silver Surfer . This could be piff. :ohhh:
That is pretty much the best and most memorable thing about him. I don't dislike the character and I actually think his design is dope. I just don't understand how they never were able to put any real classic story arcs together with him as the centerpiece. Maybe they needed to put better writers on his book, I can't call it. But at no point when I was heavy into comics did I see a cover, a tie-in or anything remotely dope that made me want to check for silver surfer.

On the flip side that could actually be a good thing for whoever puts a show out as they may get a little more creative freedom as there's no storyline he's married to beyond the Galactus's herald part. That's a lot of sandbox to play in if they got somebody with the right ideas, crazy powers with the universe as your backdrop:ohhh:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
That is pretty much the best and most memorable thing about him. I don't dislike the character and I actually think his design is dope. I just don't understand how they never were able to put any real classic story arcs together with him as the centerpiece. Maybe they needed to put better writers on his book, I can't call it. But at no point when I was heavy into comics did I see a cover, a tie-in or anything remotely dope that made me want to check for silver surfer.

On the flip side that could actually be a good thing for whoever puts a show out as they may get a little more creative freedom as there's no storyline he's married to beyond the Galactus's herald part. That's a lot of sandbox to play in if they got somebody with the right ideas, crazy powers with the universe as your backdrop:ohhh:
I’m a big Surfer fan and collected most of his run that went 100+ issues. The early issues had the Infinity Gems and Elders of the Universe introductions. Starlin’s run with Thanos leading to Infinity Gauntlet.

Slott’s run is dope. It was some psychedelic stuff.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
t6yVD2.png
Surfer is the only major Marvel character that hasnt had a solo movie that has some good stories to adapt. I love the introspective nature of the surfer comics.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I’m a big Surfer fan and collected most of his run that went 100+ issues. The early issues had the Infinity Gems and Elders of the Universe introductions. Starlin’s run with Thanos leading to Infinity Gauntlet.

Slott’s run is dope. It was some psychedelic stuff.
I have the ombinius honestly this run is the most ready for a movie set in the MCU. Reqieum from J. Michael Straczynski was great, Stan Lee's Parable and Silver Surfer Black from Donny Cates was dope too.

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I have the ombinius honestly this run is the most ready for a movie set in the MCU. Reqieum from J. Michael Straczynski was great and Silver Surfer Black from Donny Cates was dope too.
Yeah, Requiem is another good story. I missed reading SSB. Thinking of just grabbing the trade. Maybe I’ll find it at one of the upcoming cons.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
The Collector posts. Power Man says that Silver Surfer is boring
always thought @Silver Surfer was boring. doesn't have a character or personality. this is like making a tv show starring the t-1000.
Unless the show is fighting for 100% of the run time he's better off as a supporting/side character.
but hey they gave groot his own show, so marvel isn't above doing something like this regardless.
Silver Surfer defends his honour.
My true history ha never been fleshed out and my powers have never been shown in a spectacular fashion
That's three Marvel Characters within three posts. Coincidence surely

Daps
always thought @Silver Surfer was boring. doesn't have a character or personality. this is like making a tv show starring the t-1000.
Unless the show is fighting for 100% of the run time he's better off as a supporting/side character.
but hey they gave groot his own show, so marvel isn't above doing something like this regardless.

@Silver Surfer was one of the few marvel cartoons I got into after X-men and Spiderman TAS crushed the buildings in the 90s.

Something about that nxgga calling his board and using the Power Cosmic had me
full